Frontera, Gourmet Enchilada Sauce, Classic Red Chile, Mild, 16 oz (454 g)
By Frontera3 Reviews
2.86 lbs (1.3 kg)
- Product Code: FRT-12140
- UPC Code: 604183121400
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (454 g)
- Dimensions: 2.7 x 2.7 x 6.7 in, 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg)
This product is already in your Notification List.
Cancel notification request.
This product is now in your Notification List.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- All Natural
- With Roasted Tomato and Garlic
- From the Kitchen of Chef Rick Bayless
Like pizza and mac-'n-cheese, enchiladas offer the wonderful tastes and textures you return to again and again. Tender tortillas rolled around tasty morsels of meat or cheese, bathed with a classic sauce that tastes of sun-dried chiles, roasted garlic and spices.
Classic Red Chile & Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 jar Frontera Classic Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce over bottom of 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread out tortillas on baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with oil. Bake at 300 degrees to soften (3 minutes). Remove and stack to keep warm.
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. Roll 1/4 cup cheese into each tortilla. Place side by side in baking dish and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Suggestion: For chicken or beef enchiladas, substitute 2 cups shredded chicken or beef for the cheese and mix with 1/4 cup sauce. Roll 1/4 cup of this filling into each tortilla.
Water, tomato (fresh tomato, tomato juice, calcium chloride and citric acid), roasted tomato, New Mexico chile pepper, apple cider vinegar, salt, roasted onion, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, sugar, chicken base (cooked chicken and chicken juices, salt, sugar, maltodextrin, chicken fat, dehydrated onions, citric acid, turmeric, natural flavors), vegetable oil, xanthan gum, and spices.
All natural. No preservatives.
Shake well. Refrigerate after opening and use within a few days.
|Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (30 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||3%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
I don't normally write reviews, but I was shocked to see this product had 1 star! This sauce tastes homemade and is so easy and convenient...plus gluten-free!!! We live on this at our home. We are not vegetarians :)
I just got two jars of this in the mail today (I live overseas where Mexican food products are rare and expensive....) And I was so shocked to read "cooked chicken and chicken juices" on the ingredients list! It was totally my fault for not reading the ingredients carefully, but I was fooled by "all natural" and the fact that I got it from iherb. Maybe iherb sells animal products?? I didn't realize this. Anyway, I will give them to my fellow carnivore expats, so still, I am so, so bummed and disappointed because these two jars were for a Mexican-themed gluten-free vegan party. Definitely cannot use these. I'm sad!!! ><