Frontera, Gourmet Enchilada Sauce, Classic Red Chile, Mild, 16 oz (454 g)
- All Natural
- With Roasted Tomato and Garlic
- From the Kitchen of Chef Rick Bayless
Like pizza and mac-'n-cheese, enchiladas offer the wonderful tastes and textures you return to again and again. Tender tortillas rolled around tasty morsels of meat or cheese, bathed with a classic sauce that tastes of sun-dried chiles, roasted garlic and spices.
Classic Red Chile & Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 jar Frontera Classic Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce over bottom of 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread out tortillas on baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with oil. Bake at 300 degrees to soften (3 minutes). Remove and stack to keep warm.
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. Roll 1/4 cup cheese into each tortilla. Place side by side in baking dish and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Suggestion: For chicken or beef enchiladas, substitute 2 cups shredded chicken or beef for the cheese and mix with 1/4 cup sauce. Roll 1/4 cup of this filling into each tortilla.
Water, tomato (fresh tomato, tomato juice, calcium chloride and citric acid), roasted tomato, New Mexico chile pepper, apple cider vinegar, salt, roasted onion, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, sugar, chicken base (cooked chicken and chicken juices, salt, sugar, maltodextrin, chicken fat, dehydrated onions, citric acid, turmeric, natural flavors), vegetable oil, xanthan gum, and spices.
All natural. No preservatives.
Shake well. Refrigerate after opening and use within a few days.
|Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (30 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||3%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|