Frontier Natural Products, Organic Cut & Sifted Basil Leaf, Sweet, 16 oz (453 g)3 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
3.43 lbs (1.56 kg)
- Product Code: FRO-00355
- UPC Code: 089836003553
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (453 g)
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 11.7 x 8.5 in, 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg)
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic
- Ocimum Basilicum
- Certified Organic by QAI
A lovely member of the mint family with a mildly peppery taste, a hint of clove and mint, basil is at the same time spicy and sweet, warm and fresh.
Basil is a customary seasoning in tomato-based sauces, juices, and pesto. It blends well with oregano for pizza sauce, and with other seasonings, especially lemon, garlic, and thyme.
- Try basil with fish, poultry, beans, pasta, rice, eggs, and vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Use it in soups, stews, vinegars, and salad dressings (or sprinkle it directly on salads).
- Lay fresh leaves of basil over sliced fresh or buffalo mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil for a quick, light salad.