Kombucha 2000, Cones 2000 Original, 2 Cones (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Coning Questions & Answers
Q: What is Coning? A: It involves the use of hollow candle that resembles a wide cone coated with special wax. The cone is placed on the outer cup of the ear and the other end is lit with a match, plus massage of specific pressure points to help soothing and relaxation.
Q: Where did it come from? A: the technique has been around for centuries as far as biblical times. It has been practiced by the Egyptians, Oriental, and European cultures.
Q: Does it hurt? A: There is no discomfort with this technique. Most people enjoy the process and find it to be very relaxing, some to the point of drifting off to sleep.
Q: Does Coning really work? A: Response from several thousands of users indicates coning is very effective.
Q: How does Coning work? A: It is thought since the ears are so delicate, the movement of smoke and the heat from the candle may cause subtle energy changes.
Q: Can all that wax remaining in the used portion of the candle really be from my ear? A: No. The wax residue is from the cone. The most important thing you'll notice after ear coning is how good your ears feel!
Q: How often can Coning be done? A: This has to be individualized decision. It takes the ears 24 hours to replace the protective coating of wax if it has been removed. Obviously, using ear cones every day would not be advisable.
Q: Is there any medical reason that Coning should not be done? A: Recently an ear coning client took the cones to the Mayo Clinic and the M.D. there stated that using cones is not harmful.
- It will be better to have an adult assist you during the coning procedure.
- Place a towel on your shoulder.
- Take a paper plate and cut an opening large enough for the cone to fit through without being bent. Then push the small tip through the opening. You need to hold the cone away from your face and at an angle so the wax drips on the paper plate. By angling the cone, you prevent wax from dripping down the ear canal.
- Lie on your side with the ear being treated facing up.
- Light the large end of the cone and insert the small end into the ear canal. If you see any smoke coming out from the ear, then the cone has not been positioned correctly.
- Allow the cone to burn down 3 to 4 inches. Remove the cone and turn it upside down (the cone should turn off itself) and push the debris out of the cone with the supplied skewer into a bowl of water.
- Relight the cone and continue burning another 3 to 4 inches. Do not let the cone burn more than 2 inches from the plate.
- Take the cone out of the plate and extinguish it by putting it in the container of water.
- After you are done coning, you may clean your ears with a Q-tip, not going too deep.
- If you have serious ear disease or an upper respiratory infection, then please consult with your physician before you begin this treatment.
Do not cone if you have a perforated eardrum.
Supplies You Will Need:
A. Ear Cones
B. Hand Towels/Napkins
C. Bowl of Water
D. Paper Plates (guard plates)
F. Skewers (cleaning sticks)
G. Q-Tips, cotton balls
H. Ear Oil
Made of Unbleached Cotton Strips with beeswax
The cones should be stored in a cool place until they are ready to use. The presence of two or more people is recommended during the coning process for safety. It is important to keep an eye on how far the cone burns down.
Manufacturer makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the fitness and use of this product. User of this product accepts full responsibility for personal injury and property damage.
I've always had an excess of ear wax--many people do. So I've tried just about every ear candle/oil out there. And this is the best--designed to remove the most excess wax without damage to ears. Buy it, you'll buy again and again.
Posted by florrie on Aug 31, 2016
this ear candle is by far the very best that i have tried and the most effective and i have tried quite a few. that is why i buy from america as i cant find them in OZ.
Posted by 5448205350857105151 on Jan 25, 2013
fantastic product have ordered some for friends too.
Posted by greenisthenewblack on Oct 10, 2012
Although these got some wax out, I am not entirely sure how effective they were. A bit of a mess trying to sort these yourself, and also a bit time consuming.
Posted by Reviewer1105733 on Oct 03, 2011
They worked great. Love them.