Life Enhancement, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, 16 fl oz (450 ml) (Discontinued Item)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
- Salad and Cooking Oil
Durk Pearson & Sandy Shaw's High Oleic Sunflower Oil is a Designer Food dietary supplement produced from a unique strain of sunflowers which have taken many years to develop. By a feat of biotechnology, the sunflowers were bred to produce an oil with a high level of monounsaturates (85%), even higher than olive oil.
High oleic sunflower oil is naturally stable and has a high resistance to rancidity. Unlike ordinary sunflower oils, which contain relatively high levels of polyunsaturates, Durk Pearson & Sandy Shaw's High Oleic Sunflower Oil is a high monounsaturated oil with low levels of both saturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Highest monounsaturated oleic acid content (85%) of any commercially-available oil
- Highest stability of any commercially-available oil that's low in saturated fat
- Contains antioxidant (vitamin) tocopherols and tocotrienols
- Refined bouquet and flavor
- Long shelf life
- Contains no trans-isomers
- Not hydrogenated
Use in place of other vegetable oils which may be high in saturated or polyunsaturated fat.
Sunflower oil, natural tocopherols and tocotrienols.
Store in a cool, dark, dry place. This product should be used within 2 years of purchase or within 1 year after opening.
Safety-sealed for your protection. Return for replacement if the outer seal is broken.
|Serving Size: 1 tbsp (15 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Saturated Fat||9|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||7%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g||9%|
|Monounsaturated Fat||12 g||108%|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Calories:||2,000 Calorie||2,500 Calorie|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
This 85% oleic sunflower oil is used in recipes when the pungency of olive oil would disrupt or compete awkwardly with the other delicate flavors. This is every bit as good for your heart as extra virgen olive oil. For health, I wouldn't recommend it for frying.