Life Extension, Glycine, 1000 mg, 100 Veggie Caps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.79|
- Amino Acid for Healthy Sleep
- Dietary Supplement
Glycine is a conditionally essential amino acid that serves as both an inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitter. It is the chemically simplest and most omnipresent of all the amino acids. It combines with many toxic substances, converting them to harmless forms which are then excreted.
This amino acid has a calming effect on the brain and is also involved in growth. Research suggests that glycine may help promote deeper sleep. Glycine also has a positive impact on attention and memory in adults. Glycine may also help boost the immune defense system and has oxidative stress regulating effects.
Most people need to take between one to three grams of glycine to be effective even though studies show high doses are safe. However, most glycine products are only available in 500 mg capsules. That makes taking higher doses cumbersome and costly. However, Life Extension’s glycine comes in easy-to-swallow 1000-mg capsules.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) to three (3) capsules on an empty stomach at bedtime, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|** Daily Value not established.|
I took 2 capsules before I go to bed. But t this glycine didn't work for me,so I took another 2 capsules, then I could be relax and fell a sleep. I usually buy NOW glycine, for me NOW glycine is much better.
Not a good sleep aid
Posted by 4995854831897045462 on Jan 02, 2017
It might help to stay mind clear , but not a good sleep aid if you have sleeping trouble .
Good for health
Posted by 4843042039016929864 on Dec 03, 2016
glycine is the most wonderful natural sleep aide
Posted by 5500131298500370096 on Oct 02, 2016
I have insomnia very bad and at 82 years old, I do. It ,lIke to take drugs. I read about the natural amino acid GLYCINE and researched a lot of,them and Life extension sounded the best to me and very reasonably prices. I am so thrilled with it. it actually helps me get a restful nights sleep after tossing and turning for years. I sent for a,bottle for my sister who is 85 and she has had tremendous results from it also. I would recommend it to anyone who has problems sleeping.
Posted by 5155799793040472158 on Aug 05, 2016
I've been using this since March to help me stay asleep through the night. It's been helping tremendously!