Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, Kelp, Wild Atlantic Kombu, 2 oz (56 g)24 Reviews
0.42 lbs (0.19 kg)
- Product Code: MCV-12363
- UPC Code: 034529123636
- Package Quantity: 2 oz (56 g)
- Dimensions: 0.9 x 7 x 6.7 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Certified Organic by OCIA International
- Great in Salads, Snacks, Soups, Stirfries
Certified Organic Kelp
- Similar to Japanese kombu.
- Delicious as is, soaked, simmered, sauteed, roasted, pan fried or marinated.
- Low temperature dried, enzyme active.
- Contains a natural substance that enhances flavor and tenderizes other proteins.
- Tested for chemical, heavy metal, fuel oil and bacteriological pollution.
- Meets all OCIA Organic Standards for sustainable harvesting and handling.
Our wild kelp comes to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the fronds. Some plants may be partially covered with a white powder of natural salts and sugars that precipitate from their cells during storage. Don't worry, this is normal, as are occasional spots on the fringes of more mature fronds. Keep unused kelp in this ziplock out of sunlight.
Here are a few tips: Kelp expands about 40% in liquid and will absorb up to five times its weight. Uncooked kelp is chewy until soaked or marinated. To fully tenderize, simmer 15-20 min., pressure cook 5 min., roast 3-4 min. at 300°, or pan fry 4-5 min. until crisp.
Low temperature dried kelp
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (7 g)|
|Serving Per Container: 8|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||9%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
They are not that salty. I like the fact that they are low temperature dried. But I have tried more delicious kelp.
I just put a chunk in bean soups to help eliminate any gaseous side effects. Seems to work.