Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, Organic Laver, Wild Atlantic Nori, 1 oz (28 g)10 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
0.56 lbs (0.25 kg)
- Product Code: MCV-12360
- UPC Code: 034529123605
- Package Quantity: 1 oz (28 g)
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 6.2 x 7 in, 0.1 lbs (0.05 kg)
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Certified Organic by OCIA
- USDA Organic
- Great In Salads, Snacks, Soups, Stirfries
Certified Organic Laver
- Similar to Japanese nori with a distinctive nutty flavor.
- These un-sheeted, whole, wild plants are best lightly roasted before use.
- Delicious crumbled onto soup, salad, pasta, potatoes or popcorn.
- Of Our four seaweeds, laver has the most Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E.
- Tested for chemical, heavy metal, fuel oil and bacteriological pollution.
- Meets all OCIA Organic Standards for sustainable harvesting and handling.
Our wild laver comes directly to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the fronds. Some plants may develop a white powder during storage. These are natural salts and sugars that precipitate from inside the cells. To minimize this, store this bag tightly closed in a dry area - or double bag.
Laver As A Snack
- You can eat it as is, if you like to chew!
- Light roasting in a 300° oven for 5-8 min until crisp will greatly enhance the taste as well as tenderize.
- Or dry roast in a medium hot skillet, turning occasionally until crisp.
- Kids often love these "chips" as is - or sprinkle a little pepper on them!
- Try crumbling these chips on unsalted popcorn or peanuts - or on morning-cereal, hot or cold.
Laver In Stir-Fries
- Compliments most veggies, grains and soy products, particularly tofu.
- Best roasted lightly before use (see laver as a snack).
- Use about 1 cup (1/2 oz.) of roasted laver per 4 servings.
- Crumble into any stirfry while cooking or use as a last minute garnish for some "crunch".
- Mix in with any fried rice or noodle dish for a sea-salty, nutty accent.
Laver In Salads
- To tenderize without roasting or cooking, marinate laver for at least 18 hrs.
- Leave it right in your dressing or chop and toss it with your greens.
- For a stronger taste, crumble roasted laver over your salad just before serving.
- Add a slight sea flavor to your pasta or three bean salad with roasted laver.
Low temperature dried Laver.
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (7 g)|
|Servings Per Bag: 4|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
This is strangely delicious!! Having severe hypoadrenalism I crave salt. It has the flavor of miso soup. It tastes slightly salty and like getting a mouthful of sea breeze with a chewy and crunchy texture, yes at the same time. The color is a very dark brown-green and appears black. This is like eating a bag of potato chips minus the oily salt messy hands--and minus the calories/fat! I got these because I show hypothyroid symptoms even though my lab work is always normal. So I didn't want to get any supplements, and this has iodine in it. It says 1 ounce bag but it's bigger than my hand with fingers spread against it. I'm on a mainly raw veggies and fruit diet so this is the perfect addition to have a snack. It takes a while to chew so it makes me feel full after eating 3 or 4 of these. I'm guessing this bag will last thru a good 6 snacks. I'm not sure I will try it in salads, maybe in soup this winter. Please note: I found some tiny white (and slightly fuzzy) powder dots and I thought it was mold but the bag says it's natural salts and sugars causing this, so no need to worry. All in all it's a very healthy product and will update if this promotes weight loss, as it might help balance my thyroid hormones. I look forward to trying the others, this was the cheapest.
I soak them and use them as an ingredient for my green smoothies. You don't really taste them which is great.