I bought a bottle of these 1000mg capsules, and had a terrible reaction. The directions say nothing about alcohol, but I went partying (beer) the evening before I took one of these. Another thing to note is that I have had lifelong allergies, although the only one that really gets me is mold, as in falling leaves. While my allergies were not bothering me, I wouldn't want to go thru this again. When I started reacting to the capsule, I went online and one website said, not with alcohol. Great, there is no warning on the bottle in this regard.
After about twenty minutes I was red, and I said, oh this is the "flush" everyone mentions. After forty minutes, I was as red as a beet over 100% of my body, and I was ready to crawl out of my skin. The word "tingling" hardly describes the sensations I was having. I went in the bathroom, and found myself rubbing my hands, feet, and mid-section, as they hurt. I remembered an old trick my mother used to do for me when I had hives, from wrestling in the weeds as a kid. Basically, she would pour a small box of baking soda in tepid bath water, and I would rinse everything where I had a reaction. It normally worked in very short order. This time, I sat on the edge of the tub, and was splashing cool water on my legs and arms and literally pouring some baking soda on, wetting my hands, and washing my skin. This helped, just a little. I got in the shower, and turned down the water temp until it was almost cold. After about twenty minutes, I started to feel a little better, but it took hours before I returned to normal. I don't scare easily, and always have had a very pragmatic view on life, but, in this case, I have to say I was quite concerned. I, also, do not have high blood pressure, if that is a problem.
If you have allergies, start out with a low dose. I have been taking a multi which has 100 mg of niacin, so that should work for anyone. I do not want to give up on this, so I am going to g
Was this review helpful to you?