Nature's Way, Primadophilus Optima, For All Ages, 60 Vcaps
By Nature's Way
Buy 4+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Synergistic Probiotic -More Strains than Other Brands
- Once Daily
- For Healthy Digestive Flora
- 14 Probiotic Strains
- Plus NutraFlora scFOS Synergistic Action
- True Identity- Lactobacillus & Bifidobacterium Super Blend
- True Release- Targeted Delivery Enteric-Coated
- True Potency 35 Billion CFU
- Dietary Supplement
- True Guarantee Probiotic
- Enhanced with NutraFlora
Replenish Microflora with Primadophilus Optima
Primadophilus Optima is the most potent (35 billion CFUs) and diverse (14 strains) delivery of probiotics for intestinal microflora.
Why 14 Probiotic Strains?
- Like a fingerprint, each individual has a unique balance of strains in their microflora
- Primadophilus Optima provides a broad diversity of strains commonly found in the human digestive tract
- Each strain provides its own unique benefits
Plus NutraFlora scFOS
- Unique "short-chain" form of FOS
- Preferred food source for microflora
- Promotes microflora growth & colonization
- More effective than other FOS forms
Importance of Microflora
The "friendly" bacteria of the intestinal tract are essential to good health because they:
- Secrete enzymes to aid proper digestion
- Produce organic compounds that inhibit the reproduction of harmful bacteria
- Boost immune function
Stress, poor diet, antibiotic use and bouts with diarrhea adversely affect microflora.
Exclusively backed by True Guarantee
- True Potency ensures 35 billion CFUs per capsule for the entire shelf life
- True Identity ensures only the strains listed on the label are found in the product
- True Release enteric-coating ensures stomach acid survival and intestinal delivery
Unique Advantages of Primadophilus Optima
- The most potent and diverse probiotic and prebiotic combination
- 35 billion CFUs (colony forming units) per capsule of 14 synergistic strains
- Designed to meet the needs of all ages
- Plus NutraFlora scFOS
- Suitable for vegetarians
Take 1 capsule daily. Keep refrigerated to maintain maximum potency.
Plant-derived capsule, aqueous enteric-coating (modified cellulose, sodium alginate, stearic acid, fractionated [non-hydrogenated] coconut oil, oleic acid), magnesium stearate.
May contain a minimal residual amount of milk or soy protein.
Safety sealed with printed outer shrinkwrap and printed inner freshness seal. Do not use if either seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||2 mg||3%|
|Proprietary Probiotic Blend providing 35 Billion CFU||285 mg||**|
|Lactobacillus casei - 108|
|Bifidobacterium longum - 135|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus - 122|
|Lactobacillus plantarum - 119|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus - 111|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus - 114|
|Bifidobacterium breve - 129|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum - 132|
|Lactococcus lactis - 136|
|Streptococcus thermophilus - 110|
|Bifidobacterium infantis - 116|
|Lactobacillus bulgaricus - 137|
|Lactobacillus salivarius - 118|
|Lactobacillus helveticus - 128|
|NutraFlora scFOS (short-chain fructooligosaccharides)||210 mg||**|
|** Daily Value not established.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
I had ulcerative colitis for over 5 years and had a surgery performed in 2002 to remove my colon, - Restorative Proctocolectomy. After the surgery, I had a number of episodes of Pouchitis, which is treated with antibiotics. My surgeon suggested I try Probiotics on a daily basis to see if there is a reduction in the recurrance of Pouchitis. I tried a number of Probiotics, with some benefits. Then, on searching the web for Probiotics, I came across the 'Nature's Way, Primadophilus Optima 35 Billion CFU'. I have been taking one capsule on a daily basis for the past six months and only had two bouts of Pouchitis which was a great change form the four in six months I use to have before. I am hoping and feel confident that with the continued use of this product, the recurrance of Pouchitis will be completely eliminated. Thank you. Elias Varachia
I greatly appreciate the fact that IHerb sends this perishable product in a refrigerated container! I bought this same product from another internet dealer, and they sent it to me in a regular (non-refrigerated) container, thus jeopardizing the viability of the bacteria.
Super probiotics! 14 bacterial strains!
Posted by 5251118754835574387 on Oct 28, 2014
I ordered Primadophilus cause I suffered from a bad case of intestinal candida. This product helped a lot rebalance the normal gut flora. 14 strains of probiotics is an excellent number!
Posted by Reviewer1566825 on May 16, 2012
I received my product pretty fast without the ice pack. However, I just noticed on Luckyvitamin dot com that they state product is temperature sensitive and they ship with ice pack just like the way they receive the product from the manufactuer. Now I am worried my product is weak or no good. I went to manufactuers web site and did not see any info written that it was ok to send without ice pack. I have contacted their customer support under FAQ link to verify if ok to ship without ice pack. Big price difference too $27.31 vs $37.48. http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Probiotics/15783-Primadophilus-Optima-High-Potency.aspx http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-11301-natures-way-primadophilus-optima-60-vegetarian-capsules UPDATE: I just received response back from Natures Way customer support. They validated info iherb states...ok to ship without ice pack. They also re-stated the following: "Primadophilus can be out of refrigeration for a few days without losing the potency. We add extra cultures to allow for the product to be out of refrigeration for shipping and manufacturing. But for maintaining the potency through the expiration date the product should be stored in the refrigerator."
Posted by Reviewer3131359 on Apr 02, 2012
This is a great probiotic.
Posted by Reviewer2151877 on Mar 19, 2012
This product works well for me. I recently purchased the second bottle. All the reviews I saw before buying it were very useful and gave me the confidence to try this product. Now I can confirm that is a very good product for a reasonable price. I noticed improvement in my digestion since I have been taking this product (over 2 months now). I don't know if it has any effect on my acid reflux problems since I am still taking Prilosec every other day but I will gradually reduce the prilosec and see if this probiotic helps with that as well. I recommend this product-is definitely worth a try.