Now Foods, Sprouting Jar, 1/2 Gallon
You purchased this item onView this order
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- With Stainless Steel Screen Top
- For Fresh, Tasty and Healthy Sprouts
1) Place two tablespoons of sprouting seeds or 1/2 cup of legumes/grains in a sprouting jar with three times as much water as seeds. Soak overnight. For many small seeds, five hours of soaking is sufficient.
2) Drain the water from the jar. Rinse seeds in fresh, lukewarm water and drain again. For well drained seeds/spouts, lay jar at an angle in a warm (70ºF), dark place.
3) Rinse and drain seeds twice a day. In hot and dry weather, you may need to rinse the seeds three times a day. In very humid weather, the seeds should be kept in a dry place. Turn jar over gently. Overturning the jar rapidly will cause shifting in the sprouting seeds. This can break the tender shoots and kill the spout. This breakage causes the sprout to spoil. Sprouts should be ready to eat in 3-5 days, depending on the seed used. Put in sunlight during the last day to add chlorophyll.
This thing was much bigger than I thought it would be and has no problem at all covering all my sprouting needs and more. It also seems very durable. Came with instructions right there on the bottle as well as a mini-pamphlet with some more info and recipes. A supporting stand would be a bonus, but is not missed.
This jar works great and is simple to use. I am a total newbie to sprouting and this thing is fool proof. You just add the seeds and water, then rinse it twice daily which is super easy due to the mesh lid of the jar. You basically don't have to open the jar after filling in the seeds until you are ready to harvest your tasty home-grown sprouts. 100% recommended!
Posted by Reviewer2965254 on Jun 21, 2016
A good and easy sprouting jar!
1/2 gallon sporting jar
Posted by 5303697138590787308 on Mar 13, 2016
I love my sprouting jars. I now have four. They are sturdy and easy to clean and sterilize.
Plastic under the lid
Posted by Reviewer2509092 on Feb 27, 2016
My previous sprouting jar was made of plastic and therefore could not be sterilized by heating. I had to throw it away becouse it once got molded and after that would get moldy every time. I thought that this would be easy to sterilize in the oven, but the lid has plastic inside.
Programmer turned Sprouter
Posted by aaronash on Dec 13, 2015
Great jar, easy to use. You're probably thinking "shoot man, why do I need to blow $$ on this noise when I can get my own stinkin' jar and mesh?" This may be true, except it's not. This thing is just perfect. Comes with a booklet that tells you how much seed you need. I went from being the kind of guy that lets his houseplants die to growing broccoli and onion sprouts constantly with 4 of these jars going on a rolling basis. It's so cheap to grow your own, and it's so healthy. Be sure to use filtered water, you don't want to use unfiltered tap water (with flouride) on your precious food.