DeLallo, Spaghetti No. 4, %100 Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g) (Discontinued Item)
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Made With Bronze Plates
- Cook 10 Min
- 100% Whole Grain - 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium organic grain.
Expertly milled, our whole wheat flour is finely ground for the texture of semolina, while retaining all of its healthy, whole wheat goodness. The flour is kneaded slowly with cool, spring water and extruded using bronze plates. The unique, coarse surface that results will hug your favorite sauce & enhance the flavor of your dishes.
With a traditional method of slow drying at low temperatures, DeLallo pasta retains its fresh-bread taste and cooks “al dente” every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Meaning "small strings" in Italian, spaghetti just may be the most well-known pasta. This long cut originated in Southern Italy. Where it is traditionally served with a sauce of fresh tomatoes and herbs.
Pasta by the Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. ¼-cup salt, never oil.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back up to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 10 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors, and serve.
- Spaghetti with Puttanesca & Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Spaghetti in Braised Lamb Ragu
- Fresh Mussels Tossed with Garlic & Olive Oil over Spaghetti
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: About 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 · Carbohydrate 4 · Protein 4
So good my kids even love it
So good my kids even love it
I have been searching for a whole wheat pasta that tasted good. This brand was recommended by "America's Test Kitchen" on PBS. We tried it and we absolutley love it. The fact that it is organic as well is a bonus!. My kids love it too and that to me is the ultimate test. If they make a lasagna noodle I'd like you to stock it as well.
Posted by vibirca on Jan 26, 2015
brown spaghetti.. nothing special imho
Posted by 4643437949251122139 on Dec 17, 2014
Quality Whole Wheat Pasta
Posted by Reviewer3045111 on Aug 12, 2014
Posted by 5659920862724170567 on Feb 04, 2013
would buy again