Flower Valley, Ayate Washcloth, 1 Washcloth
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $1.00|
- Hand-Woven in Mexico
- Excellent Exfoliator!
- 100% Natural Agave Fiber
- For Beautiful Skin!
Ayate's Unique Qualities
- Restores, stimulates skin to smooth invigorating freshness
- Long-lasting, quick drying
- Better than a loofa - resists mold
- Useful in the kitchen - efficient mar-free utility cloth
- Made from agave (century plant)
- Hand woven
- Imported from Mexico
- Soaked in water, natural fibers expand; weave tightens like magic
- HANDWASH ONLY
From An Ancient Tradition
The native term "ayate" describes loose-woven products such as nets, bags, and various cloths from the agave or century plant. As part of a living tradition that reaches back over 10,000 years, the styles and techniques for these artifacts are as old as Mesoamerican culture itself.
Cultivated in Mexico, the agave not only inspired the beginnings of agriculture, it was the well-spring of religion. The plant provided both needle and thread, fabric, furniture, baskets, mats, blankets, brushes, bridles, paper, soap, shelter, food, candy, drink and medicine. Little wonder then that the Aztecs venerated the agave and personified it as the goddess Mayahuel.
From the hands of a native people and the heart of a sacred tradition, the quality and value of the ayate has endured and will survive well into the future. Try it and you'll see.
Good Manual Exfoliator
Good Manual Exfoliator
Good, basic exfoliator. Keeps my skin smooth and has helped with my keratosis pilaris and ingrown hairs. Impressed that it doesn't mold, at all. Smells strong but pleasant.
Posted by Reviewer2103260 on Jan 14, 2017
Hmmm i wonder how people use it and write good comments about it... Something really silly to use. I didn't like it at all.
Will be using Ayate for a long time to come
Posted by 4917384473535934085 on Oct 01, 2016
I love this alternative to a wash cloth! I feel much fresher and my skin is looking better. The cloth gently scrubs away dead skin and gets things moving in the lymphatic system. I love this and wish I had found out about it earlier.
Posted by Reviewer1262490 on Sep 25, 2016
Works great, makes your skin super soft and exfoliated.
So much mould growing on it!
Posted by 5047587924610287999 on Jun 08, 2016
After one use I hung it in the bathroom, at the same spot where my previous scrubber hung to dry without moulding. It was scratching fine the only time I used it, but I was really disappointed to find it completely covered in mould after a few days! I live in a damp and hot place (Singapore) but my previous scrubber never hot mouldy! Not what the description promised!