Imperial Elixir, Ginseng Root, Chinese Red, Kirin #5, 1 oz
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $2.00|
Dosage strength depends on root quality.
- Ginseng Tea: Add 1/4 teaspoon of broken ginseng root to 3 cups of water in enamel vessel. Cover and boil slowly for three hours.
- Cooking: Add several slices of ginseng root to stews and soups
- Chewing: Break ginseng root into pieces and chew. Use one or two per day depending on size.
- Ginseng Tonic: Break ginseng root into small pieces and add to bottle of wine or other liquor. Let steep two weeks, shaking well occasionally.
Ginseng Root, Chinese Red, Kirin #5
Good for the money
Posted by 5485672567208281243 on Feb 12, 2017
Very good quality , I order every month. Shipping is timely. It has been overly packed for shipping . Could be sent in a manila envelope. I am pleased with this Product and company.
Posted by Vizion on Jul 05, 2016
This isn't pure Red Ginseng. I am very disappointed because I wanted to start a collection of Imperial Elixir products. How do I know that it's not pure? I suffered the same unique side-effects from their white ginseng as their red ginseng. I have eaten so much white ginseng in the past without any side effects. Only this company, Imperial Elixir, twice, gave me side-effects from ginseng, which was nervousness and vertigo. I am sure they are just some idiots that think that consumers feel a 'kick' from a low dose of Arsenic or something like that, or, as it is common practice in China, they use Arsenic as a pesticide since it is cheaper than the others. Didn't you know that in every 5 star Chinese restaurant, none of them use Olive oil? I am so unhappy at this product and the "Heaven" white ginseng. I have adjusted my review from 5 stars to 1 star.
Can't really chew on this because it is so hard. Definitely potent though and gave me some good energy!
Posted by Scottishdave on Apr 15, 2011
Great to cook with, i made a tea with this, actualyl several.