Life Extension, Methyl-Cobalamin, 5 mg, 60 Vegetarian Lozenges
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $2.00|
- Neurologically Active Form of Vitamin B12
- Dietary Supplement
Vitamin B12 is present in foods of animal origin, including dairy products and eggs. Thus, vegetarians are more susceptible to a dietary deficiency of this important nutrient. Likewise, vitamin B12 serum concentrations are reported to be significantly lower in elderly population groups compared to younger groups. It is estimated that 10% to 30% of individuals over the age of 50 have low stomach acid secretion which results in decreased bioavailability of vitamin B12 from food.
Methylcobalamin is the form of vitamin B12 active in the central nervous system. It is essential for cell growth and replication. In some people the liver may not convert cyanocobalamin, the common supplemental form of vitamin B12, into adequate amounts of methylcobalamin needed for proper neuronal functioning. Methylcobalamin may exert its neuroprotective effects through enhanced methylation, acceleration of nerve cell growth, or its ability to maintain already healthy homocysteine levels.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Dissolve in mouth or chew one (1) lozenge 1 to 8 times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Xylitol, sorbitol, maltodextrin, stearic acid, vegetable stearate, natural vanilla flavor, rice starch, modified food starch.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Lozenge|
|Amount Per Serving:||% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||5 mg||83,333%|