Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, Organic Laver, Wild Atlantic Nori, 1 oz (28 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Certified Organic by OCIA
- USDA Organic
- Great In Salads, Snacks, Soups, Stirfries
Certified Organic Laver
- Similar to Japanese nori with a distinctive nutty flavor.
- These un-sheeted, whole, wild plants are best lightly roasted before use.
- Delicious crumbled onto soup, salad, pasta, potatoes or popcorn.
- Of Our four seaweeds, laver has the most Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E.
- Tested for chemical, heavy metal, fuel oil and bacteriological pollution.
- Meets all OCIA Organic Standards for sustainable harvesting and handling.
Our wild laver comes directly to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the fronds. Some plants may develop a white powder during storage. These are natural salts and sugars that precipitate from inside the cells. To minimize this, store this bag tightly closed in a dry area - or double bag.
Laver As A Snack
- You can eat it as is, if you like to chew!
- Light roasting in a 300° oven for 5-8 min until crisp will greatly enhance the taste as well as tenderize.
- Or dry roast in a medium hot skillet, turning occasionally until crisp.
- Kids often love these "chips" as is - or sprinkle a little pepper on them!
- Try crumbling these chips on unsalted popcorn or peanuts - or on morning-cereal, hot or cold.
Laver In Stir-Fries
- Compliments most veggies, grains and soy products, particularly tofu.
- Best roasted lightly before use (see laver as a snack).
- Use about 1 cup (1/2 oz.) of roasted laver per 4 servings.
- Crumble into any stirfry while cooking or use as a last minute garnish for some "crunch".
- Mix in with any fried rice or noodle dish for a sea-salty, nutty accent.
Laver In Salads
- To tenderize without roasting or cooking, marinate laver for at least 18 hrs.
- Leave it right in your dressing or chop and toss it with your greens.
- For a stronger taste, crumble roasted laver over your salad just before serving.
- Add a slight sea flavor to your pasta or three bean salad with roasted laver.
Low temperature dried Laver.
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (7 g)|
|Servings Per Bag: 4|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
I love these seaweeds!!
I love these seaweeds!!
This is strangely delicious!! Having severe hypoadrenalism I crave salt. It has the flavor of miso soup. It tastes slightly salty and like getting a mouthful of sea breeze with a chewy and crunchy texture, yes at the same time. The color is a very dark brown-green and appears black. This is like eating a bag of potato chips minus the oily salt messy hands--and minus the calories/fat! I got these because I show hypothyroid symptoms even though my lab work is always normal. So I didn't want to get any supplements, and this has iodine in it. It says 1 ounce bag but it's bigger than my hand with fingers spread against it. I'm on a mainly raw veggies and fruit diet so this is the perfect addition to have a snack. It takes a while to chew so it makes me feel full after eating 3 or 4 of these. I'm guessing this bag will last thru a good 6 snacks. I'm not sure I will try it in salads, maybe in soup this winter. Please note: I found some tiny white (and slightly fuzzy) powder dots and I thought it was mold but the bag says it's natural salts and sugars causing this, so no need to worry. All in all it's a very healthy product and will update if this promotes weight loss, as it might help balance my thyroid hormones. I look forward to trying the others, this was the cheapest.
One of my favorite sea veggies
Posted by 5031552270715379923 on Feb 08, 2017
My friend recommended this to me. She eats it as snack. Great quality at reasonable price. I eat it with my oat meal in the morning. Be aware it might has pebbles.
Posted by 5578186646687699508 on May 24, 2014
This is by far one of my favorite ocean plants! It's packed with vitamins and minerals, and tastes great!
Posted by mirindalikethedrink on Sep 28, 2013
I wanted to try out this brand to see if it was any different or better than what I can find locally...I don't think it's much better and it was a lot more expensive...probably will not buy again.
Posted by Reviewer2701928 on Feb 14, 2012