Starwest Botanicals, Ginger Root 1/4" C/S, Organic, 1 lb (453.6 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $2.00|
- C/S (Cut & Sifted)
- Certified kosher
- Kosher Certified by Kosher Certification Services
- Certified Organic by QAI
- USDA Organic
Ginger Root from Starwest Botanicals is a great spice to keep on hand in your kitchen, because it can be used in both sweet as well as savory dishes with excellent results. The Ginger Root that we provide at Starwest Botanicals comes in many different forms, including diced, cut and sifted, powdered or whole root, as well as crystallized, kosher and organic varieties for your use.
Daily serving size: 1/8 tsp (250 mg)
This is a good quality of dried ginger root to use for making decoctions. I simmered 4 teaspoons of this in 4 cups of water to make some ginger tea. But I found it a little too spicy for my taste. Next time I will use 2 teaspoons per quart of water. Naturally you will want to add some honey to it. It makes a nice warming drink this time of the year. And it is great for colds and sore throats too.
Posted by 5726696131910846683 on Feb 02, 2017
High-quality dried ginger pieces. I use in chai. Wish it came from some place other than China, though--who knows if it's really organic?
Posted by bughunter on Dec 03, 2016
Perfect dried, minced ginger for teas and cooking!
Posted by 5209994830081276817 on Oct 26, 2016
Helped tremendously with my digestion!!
Still the Best
Posted by 4705185625108180024 on Sep 08, 2016
Tried another more expensive organic ginger root on iHerb and found it very disappointing. Will not waver again.