Thorne Research, Moducare, 90 Veggie Caps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $2.00|
- Dietary Supplement
- Plant Sterols and Sterolins - An Important Advancement in Naturally Balancing the Immune System
- Found Naturally in All Fruits and Vegetables
- Provides an Optimal Sterol: Sterolin Ratio Based on Numerous Clinical Studies
- Helps Maintain a Healthy Balance of T-Helper 1/T-Helper 2 White Blood Cells
- Modulates a Stress Response by Supporting Optimal DHEA: Cortisol Ratios
Moducare is a blend of plant sterols and sterolins that can help promote a balanced immune system. Plant sterols – phytosterols and their glycosides (also known as phytosterolins) – are fats that are present in fruits, vegetables, and medicinal plants. Beta-sitosterol (BSS) and its glycoside (BSSG) are the most abundant of these plant sterols. BSS and BSSG, even at very low levels, have been shown to enhance the activity of various cells in the body recognized as having positive immune system activity.
Moducare supplementation also helps maintain a normal ratio of the adrenal hormones cortisol and DHEA, subsequently buffering negative stress responses. Moducare also improves the balance of T-helper 1 to T-helper 2 cells, as a result enhancing cellular immunity and down-regulating overactive immune responses.
Moducare's potential to promote immune health in a group of volunteers participating in an ultra-marathon was investigated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Subjects in the Moducare group maintained a more healthy immune response compared to individuals taking the placebo. The benefit to the immune system was believed to be because cortisol levels did not increase in response to the exercise stress in those taking Moducare.
Take 1 capsule three times daily away from food or as directed by a health-care practitioner. Do not take with milk.
Microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, leucine, silicon dioxide.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, nursing, an organ transplant recipient, or have multiple sclerosis, do not use unless on the advice of and under the direct supervision of a health-care practitioner.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Each Capsule Contains:||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Sterols (from pine)†||20 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.
†This product contains Sterinol Complex from Essential Phytosterolins, Inc.