Thorne Research, Niasafe-600, 180 Veggie Caps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $2.00|
- Dietary Supplement
- Inositol Hexaniacinate - a Safer, Non-Flushing Alternative to Niacin
- Provides a Higher Amount of Niacin without the Flushing
- Unlike Time-Release Niacin - Niasafe is Easy on the Liver
- Supports Peripheral Vascular Circulation
- Supports Lipid Metabolism
Niacin has long been used to support good cardiovascular health. It has been proven effective at helping to maintain already normal levels of cholesterol.
The side effects of high amounts of niacin that may occur range from flushing and itching to liver toxicity and impaired glucose tolerance. Therefore, the need for a safer approach to niacin supplementation resulted in the investigation of niacin esters. One of the most widely studied niacin esters is inositol hexaniacinate (IHN). In numerous trials IHN has been found to be virtually free of the side effects associated with conventional niacin therapy. Pharmacokinetic studies show the IHN molecule is absorbed intact and slowly hydrolyzed in the bloodstream, releasing free niacin and inositol and having a diminished impact on the liver. Maximum serum levels are reached approximately 10 hours after ingestion, thus allowing for a more delayed release of niacin that reduces the risk of flushing.
A review of the literature reveals numerous positive studies on the use of IHN to support good circulatory health, particularly the support of vascular circulation to the extremities.
Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, leucine, silicon dioxide.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Niacin (as Inositol Hexaniacinate†)||540 mg||2,700%|
|Daily Value (DV)
†Does not cause flushing in many patients.
Works good to lower LDL
Can't get out of bed without it
Posted by Reviewer3017834 on Dec 20, 2013
Indispensable for mood, energy and liver function. Highly recommended.
Don't get any red flushes
Posted by OssieA on Oct 16, 2011
Ordinary niacin gave me red rashes if I didn't eat enough when taking. This Niasafe doesn't do that.
Posted by Reviewer1630744 on Sep 08, 2011
Wonderful product, have had no problems with it nor reactions from it.
Posted by Reviewer3325914 on Jun 05, 2011
this is a good product. I didn't get any flushes after taking it, like I have done with other niacin products.