Not a cure, but it does reduce the symptoms of a staph infection of the scalp.

Posted by Reviewer3208303 on Mar 09, 2009

I prefer to avoid antibiotics when possible, so the use of this brand of Tea Tree Oil was an experiment. Thankfully it actually provided some relief. The Tea Tree Oil did a very credible job of drying the lesions, and in turn reduced the aggravating itching. Once I got used to the turpentine smell, applications with a q-tip or cotton ball became routine. After a week or two of dealing with the persistent staph infection in my scalp, I saw my doctor and started a 10 day course of antibiotics. That WAS the cure. One notable ding for this brand's product... It needs to have a "drop-at-a-time" metering device installed in the mouth of the bottle. You need very little of the liquid, but it can easily be wasted when it's not metered out. I ended up transferring the contents from this product to another brand's metering bottle.

NOT REAL TEA TREE OIL

Posted by Reviewer1307673 on Jan 11, 2013

I have been buying tea tree oil for over a decade and whatever this is it is not real tea tree oil. It smells really bad. I would NEVER put this on my skin for a cut or cat scratch to prevent infection or any of the other dozens of uses for tea tree oil which is indispensable for first aid. Iherb should not be selling something this bad!

The smell nauseated me.

Posted by Reviewer1610441 on Sep 21, 2009

I have used Tea Tree oil for years as a cosmetologist, for body waxing and added into conditioners and lotions and I have always loved the smell, but this product I think smelled as if it was spoiled and I could not use it since the smell actually made me feel ill.

Unpleasant smell

Posted by Reviewer1109457 on Apr 03, 2010

I've used other tea tree oil products which had a very pleasant clean smell, but I found that this one is verging on unpleasant and as a result isn't useful for anything where the smell is a factor. I would try other brands before this one if the scent is important to you.

laundry additive

Posted by Reviewer1005268 on May 10, 2009

This is the first time I've bought tea tree oil, so my review is based on limited experience. Still, I'm happy with my purchase. I add the oil to my laundry to help disinfect my clothes and towels, and it leaves a nice, clean scent.

tea tree

Posted by Reviewer2685557 on Jul 21, 2009

I use this for several non- toxic cleaners I make using all natural ingredients. I know tea tree oil is used for so many other things too. Great product. I will buy more.

great oil

Posted by Reviewer3092213 on Feb 17, 2010

I use a few drops in laundry specially to freshen towles or sheets. I also use in soaking bucket with diapers. I also like it for anti mold spray and skin ailments.

Terrible smell

Posted by Reviewer1108612 on Sep 27, 2011

this does not smell like regular tea tree oils and I have used many different brands. It smells rancid.

Tea Trea does wonders

Posted by Reviewer2984722 on Mar 30, 2009

I have been amazed at the benefits of Tea Tree!It has helped my children with congestion, cuts and scrapes. I think it was a great value and good quality item.

Great price - great product!

Posted by Reviewer2321694 on Apr 08, 2009

Really a fabulous price. Tea tree oil has myriad uses but this bottle will still last longer than you expect. We use it for acne, burns, cuts, scrapes, bug bites & stings, athlete's foot, foot odor and the prevention of head lice. So many remedies for so many icky things! In one bottle - and not to mention the toxicity of the conventional treatments and their expense. Love. This. Stuff.