Abra Therapeutics, Alpha Enzyme Peel, 2 oz (56 g)

Smells incredible, moderate exfoliation, helps with dullness

Posted by PurplePegasus on Dec 04, 2012

I finally bought this after years of having it in my wish list. It stings a little but my skin is not sensitive. The smell is incredible, like real lavender, I love it. However the first time I used it, it left a double hole in the center of my face! I guess it was an old acne mark that I never noticed. I panicked after that, I had 2 small holes center cheek below the eye. I quickly put some oil on it & the next day it had keratinized, meaning it was gone. This product removed the dull appearance of my skin and made it look radiant, glowing. Of course the effect is very temporary. I'm not sure how often this can be used but I love the packaging, very minimalistic white look perfect on my bathroom counter and I love the smell and the instant glow. So far as exfoliation, I'm not sure. It's not as instant to remove dryness as another brand I use but it seems more potent at removing surface layers. All and all it's a pleasant experience except for the skin holes and I will probably re-purchase when I run out, if only for the real lavender scent. It's a feel-good treatment.

Posted by Reviewer3008100 on Apr 01, 2008

This is good! Gentle yet effective! i have oily clogged skin and i use this every other day. leave on a thin layer for half to one hour and wash off. surprisingly, my blackheads are mostly gone and skin seem renewed as my acne scars have faded tremendously.

Effective but gentle exfoliator

Posted by Reviewer1830900 on Dec 26, 2008

Very effective and smells great. Don't use before you have to go out-leaves your skin slightly red for a while after using it.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1336371 on Apr 19, 2010

I have been using this product for about 10 days and my skin looks great. I have been using alpha peels for many years (expensive spa brands) and this one works just as well if not better.

a nice gentle peel

Posted by Reviewer3020750 on Jun 24, 2008

I've used some very strong peels over the years, but I dislike the unnatural ingredients and the harshness of the products in general. this is a very gentle peel, but it will soften and smooth the skin w/o all those harsh, synthetic ingredients. it is definitely helping w/ my clogged pores on my nose, and softening some of the fine lines I've developed.