wonderful scent but switching to less toxic brands

Posted by IHeartIHerb on Sep 24, 2013

i'm gradually removing all the "green-washed" items from my life -- products which deceptively sell themselves as "natural" and "organic" and "free of xyz chemicals" and yet are still packed with questionable if not downright dangerous ingredients. this is one of them. although i love the jasmine scent and the nice consistency (not too oily, not to thin or thick), just look at this list of very non-organic-sounding things it contains: dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl methylpropional, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, and "fragrance" (probably synthetic). after scrutinizing the labels of most face creams, most of them have at least one risky or toxic ingredient. so i've concocted my own nontoxic face cream by using acure organics body lotion (excellent; one of the cleanest most nontoxic body lotions out there) mixed with a few drops of argan oil - this has been as good as any other face cream i've used. but will continue checking out the other face creams out there just for variety.

not the best cream

Posted by Reviewer2443080 on May 03, 2011

first of all I do not like the scent of this cream. it's quitr irritating for my nose. second, the cream is not enough moisturising. would not but again.

smelly

Posted by Reviewer1283737 on Jun 14, 2011

this was ordered by mistake, I meant to get the oil free moisturizer. It smells very strongly of Jasmine... this is not a good thing

Non-oily, overly scented

Posted by Reviewer1948983 on Aug 24, 2010

Moisturizes nicely, doesn't cause break-outs like a lot of lotions do on my face. Would like it to be unscented.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer1440274 on Sep 29, 2010

Nice and clean.

Nice cream

Posted by Reviewer3252107 on Mar 03, 2011

Very nice but it states hypo allergenic and although it doesn't irritate my skin it causes my eyes to itch and burn. It smells nice but just to strong for me I guess.

Not for very dry skin

Posted by Reviewer1921941 on Apr 12, 2011

I tried this for a few days and found that my skin was getting drier and drier. I have very dry skin that tends to break out as well and this just didn't work. My skin felt dry and like it was going to crack. I also didn't like the smell much. I have since re-purposed this to a neck cream and it is doing a fine job there.

Alba Botanica Jasmine Vit E Cream

Posted by Reviewer1373824 on Apr 18, 2011

Really wish they'd tone down the perfume (or please, please remove it altogether) as it irritates the inside of my nose, however it doesn't seem to have irritated my sensitive skin... yet. A nice rich moisturiser that feels nourishing, I will continue to use it, although not every day (because of the perfume).