The best frizz tamer ever! Frizz into curls!

Posted by Reviewer3177524 on Nov 15, 2008

Alba stopped producing a leave-in conditioner over a year ago and I was left with frizzy, unmanageable hair! I tried so many other products but none were successful in controlling my hair. I was so thrilled to see that Alba brought back a leave-in conditioner. I ordered it immediately and within 5 minutes after applying, my hair was drying into curly locks!!!! Finally my curl is back! Now I don't have to look any further and waste my money on anything else. LOVE this product for my hair!

Leaves my hair soft, but not shiny or restored

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 17, 2012

This product is light enough to not weigh down my long fine hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft, supple and quite manageable, without any scent. But it doesn't make my hair shiny at all. For my hair to look nice after using this product, I need to brush it more than usual, and yet it still doesn't look very shiny. Also, I don't find this product very moisturizing or restorative. As regards the formula, apart from the two preservatives (phenoxyethanol and potassium sorbate, used instead of some more toxic ones), it is very healthy. NB : the cetearyl alcohol contained in large proportion in this product is not alcohol (drying) but a fatty alcohol, an emulsifying wax - it is an inexpensive ingredient whose effect on the hair is that of an emollient to give a smooth, soft feeling to the hair (superficially, without any real healing effect on the hair), and also has a thickening effect. Indeed, this product gives my fine hair a little more body.

Excellent leave in!

Posted by Reviewer1588246 on Dec 12, 2009

I have very dry relaxed African hair and this is by far the best leave in I've ever used. It leaves my hair incredibly soft, silky & moisturised. I've tried many other leave in conditioners and this is by far the best. It works extremely well on both wet & dry hair. A keeper for me and I hope it's never discontinued.

great value, great product

Posted by Reviewer2041182 on Nov 12, 2008

this is twice the amount and a quarter of the price to a well-known brand of leave in conditioner I had been using. ..and turns out it works much better as well. alba botanica is light and doesn't make your hair sticky, greasy, or stiff when applied.

VERY NICE!

Posted by Reviewer2018832 on Jan 21, 2009

This product works very well. It's wonderful not to have to rinse it out and it is truely scent free--no perfumes, no herbal scents.

This product is fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer2254350 on Jan 29, 2010

I have been using this with a little coconut oil (which is the 3rd ingredient in this leave-in) after applying it, for approximately a year. It keeps my hair so soft while it's airdrying in braids after a wash or conditioning. There is no smell, the majority of the ingredients are natural, and the price is awesome! I hope Alba doesn't discontinue this product! :) :)

Worth every penny

Posted by NarnianGirl on May 23, 2011

This product has earned its reputation. I'm almost shocked to find such well-performing hair conditioner in a so-called natural line. Alba Botanica has struck gold here. I don't know how well this little gem is advertized about, but this outshines any expensive high end haircare item... If you are looking for a smoothing leave-in conditioner that is truly fragrance free, look no further. Bravo!

Not So Fine For My Fine Strands

Posted by Reviewer1353952 on Sep 30, 2011

Unfortunately, this product did not work well for my protein-sensitive, mixed curl-patterned (2b-4a) hair. Giovanni serves as a better leave-in for now, but I have been open to trying others. Conditioners are so individual that I cannot say it will not work for you, but this particular mix of ingredients made frizz and disorder a reality for me.

great

Posted by Reviewer1123376 on Dec 23, 2010

This is nice, makes my fine frizzy tangly hair smoother. Can make hair look a bit greasy if used too much, but that could be due to my hair type. I only need a tiny abount, pea size is way too much. Soooo cheap, especially compared to many salon products. Great and will last forever.Great service from iHerb as always, and fast & very reasonably priced delivery, thanks!

Wonderful and effective product

Posted by Reviewer3018635 on Dec 19, 2009

This is an excellent leave-in conditioner that I have ever used. My hair was dry, long and thin, and could hardly be combed. After washing my hair, I applied just about the size of the smallest finger onto my hair. It seemed a thin protection layer which made my hair unexpectedly soft but not greasy, so that my hair could easily be combed. It's convenient because I don't need to rinse.