10% Off Orders Over $40!

Alter Eco, Organic Royal, Red Quinoa, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 5-star

Maybe the Best Quinoa Available

Posted by HawaiianViking on Apr 07, 2013

If you're reading this, you probably already know that Quinoa is something that you ought to be eating; It's nature's most perfect protein, and it's worth noting that it's especially high in Lysine, a quality that's somewhat rare in plant-based protein. Compared to white varieties, Red Quinoa has a slightly earthier, nuttier flavor. It can be prepared simply, as rice, but I like it best when it's cooked with coconut milk, as part of a vegetarian curry; Try adding macadamias to your prepared quinoa — it's delicious. I like that Alter Eco, Red Quinoa, is both organic and fairly-traded, and the price is reasonable. I only wish that it were available in larger quantities.

First Quinoa Experience

Posted by Reviewer2418830 on Sep 25, 2011

I recipe I have called for red quinoa. I've never tried it before but was happy that it was so simple to make and not at all bitter like some people have reported. I gave it a simple rinse in a strainer. It's delicious and the texture is awesome. Would buy it again and love that's it's fair trade, organic and a perfect food!

very good

Posted by Reviewer1310601 on Dec 22, 2011

I wanted to loose the 5 lbs that I have been trying to loose, so I did an experiment. I added approx 1 cooked cup of quinoa to one of my meals daily, I mixed it with the regular food that I was used to eating and yes, the weight did come off! I believe I have lost another pound this past week and it is the week before Christmas. I love the taste of this and you can spice it up in so many different ways. It has a slightly sweet, nutty taste to it. Now my husband wants to eat it daily.

A great Product

Posted by Reviewer2902112 on Aug 31, 2011

This is a great product and iHerb did a fine job in getting us this product when its availability was limited. We will continue ot shop iHertb for this and other products

Well worth the price

Posted by Reviewer2701928 on Jun 06, 2012

It's packed ull of nutrients and cooks fast. I consider it far superior to the white variety. The red quinoa is well worth the price; it is so much better, there is almost no comparison.