New To iHerb?

American Biosciences, DGP, 60 Chewable Tablets

Best Non-Scrip Pain Med for Dogs

Posted by Reviewer1055441 on May 01, 2008

I have had 3 of my 4 Westies on this product for almost a year now. One could hardly move around and now bounces up stairs and races around the room. Both of the others are moving much faster than they used to and have better mobility. We love this product!

American Bioscience, Dog-Gone Pain, 60 Chewable Tablets (ABS-00260

Posted by Reviewer1531366 on May 05, 2008

Seems to work for our 8 yr. old Anatolian Shepherd.

Dog Gone Pain

Posted by Reviewer3355770 on May 07, 2008

Hello, I use this for Camden, my Maine Coon cat. He has Arthritis along his spine (spondylosis) and using DGP keeps him up and able to play and move around like he likes to do. He can even do some short bursts of running. The vet said they could only give him pain management drugs--no no no! DGP gives Camden a good quality of life and is not a drug that could damage his liver or kidneys--yea!

dog-gone pain

Posted by Reviewer2386061 on May 19, 2008

The pills are easy to quarter & hide in dog food. It says they are chewable, but my dog disagrees.

good product - helped our friend.

Posted by Reviewer2972637 on Jun 17, 2008

Our geriatric dog, Dakota, was suffering from what the vet referred to as the degeneration that happens with age in dogs... She was pretty old (around 17).... Her problems were in her hips... She'd simply start to list and eventually fall over and would endlessly pace (assumably because she was uncomfortable). I found out about this product while surfing around different K9 and vet message boards. Within a couple of days we saw a marked improvement in her mobility... She actually started running.. (well - more like a sort of wobble hop - but the most active I'd personally seen her in a couple of years). She wasn't terribly interested in chewing the pills so we would grind them up and mix them into her food. (about 3 tablets a day). Eventually the degeneration overtook what the supplement could do and she started getting worse on all fronts and we finally had to send her home. :-( I'm certain this medicine bought us a few extra months with our beloved friend. I'm very grateful we found this project. I would recommend it.