Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

American Health, Ester-C with Citrus Bioflavonoids, 1000 mg, 90 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

Fantastic product!

Posted by Reviewer3100938 on Jun 29, 2010

Uses mineral ascorbates, a requirement for high dose C supplementation, is in capsule form (more absorbable), and has 1 gram per pill to reduce the number of pills one has to consume. Clearly superior! I take 2 g. C / day so this is clearly the best choice for me! Next time I am going to buy the larger bottle. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is not the active form, whereas mineral ascorbates are the active form. The nonactive form (ascorbic acid) is an acid and the body has to rob calcium from the diet or bones to make a mineral ascorbate before it can be used (which means bone loss). A mineral ascorbate form of C, like Ester C, is the only sensible way to take this vitamin.

Great vitamin

Posted by Reviewer2351230 on Nov 20, 2008

It's great to have capsules -- better for absorption -- and in 1000 mg size, so only one/day required. The bioflavonoids are important.

Ester C

Posted by Reviewer2469111 on Jul 10, 2008

I have one after every meal and it never upsets my stomach like regular C.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2457307 on Sep 14, 2008

I like this product, It is not over acidic and works well for my sensitive digestive system.

Great Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1009474 on Oct 10, 2011

This is probably one of the best vitamin C's that I have had. I have in the past year found the viability of added vitamin C to my daily supplements. I have watched different shows like Food, Inc. and others which tout the great properties of vitamin C along with Spirulina, Chlorella, etc. I can say that since I have taken 3,000 mg of Vitamin C regularly that I have not been sick (not even a sniffle). I have been on vitamin C since April 2011. I found the Ester-C variety from doing research and wanted to get off of ascorbic acid type. This one is a lot gentler on the stomach and I have not had any slow down in my immune system. I am sold!