a bit heavy in humid weather

Posted by 4698742627598448624 on Jun 15, 2014

the texture is a bit thick & heavy to use in the hot & humid summer in HK. It's not oily nor sticky but looks like a film of grease on my face once applied, so I need to use a tissue to tap on it in order to reduce the shininess. Apart to this, it's a good sunscreen without nasty chemicals & really control the sebum secretion of my face. Guess it's more suitable to use in Europe's summer as it's less humid & needs more hydration. Right now I will leave it till Winter comes to HK again.

Not matt enough

Posted by startnow on May 16, 2015

I used to surf. For bio safety and stability under sun and water, I've tried my share of mineral sunblocks. Most of them might be greasy but all of them have been extremely stable on the skin. So much so, it's very difficult to get zinc sunblock off the face. Won't come off scrubbing with soap and water. The only thing that takes off zinc sunblock completely is oil cleansing. But this Andalou product is very prone to smear, sweat and water. Anything comes in contact with the face, it's gone. I walk everywhere and sweat. I also do sports outside. This smearing off all the time thing is inconvenient for me. I tried Andalou BB tinted sunblock too, and this product is worse - in a way that it's even more smear prone than your average foundation. And it's super greasy too. I only recommend Andalou product for ladies who stay in office all day and nothing ever touches their face.

Sensitive oil skin feel bad

Posted by 5660450249590309155 on May 06, 2016

Increase ance..

Did not mattify me.

Posted by 5039621542886078686 on May 26, 2016

I decided to try this because of the high SPF for a beauty balm. I am naturally pale, so I was not bothered by the application of the cream, which tends to leave you quite ghostly until it settles into the skin. I live in a hot, humid location and this balm is simply too heavy for every day use in this climate. Left me looking shiny and greasy. Will definitely use for trips to the beach or outdoors activities, but it's much too rich for my daily routine. Wonderful, light orange scent and goes on very smooth. Would probably be great for someone in a cooler climate or with naturally dry skin.

I wanted to love it but it's irritating to my skin

Posted by 5247998140109421892 on Sep 05, 2016

It's a great sunscreen with whitecast that actually does fade and is cosmetically pleasing enough that I don't feel miserable the way I do in most physical sunscreens. It layers great underneath makeup. Just very awesome. But once I ran out and started using another sunscreen in the interim, I realized that my skin had been artificially parched and irritated by this sunscreen for a long time. I'm a combination skin with some acne and some sensitivity and was pleased to find something that doesn't break me out and looked pretty good, so I was pretty disappointed when I realized it was stealth ruining my skin. If it works out and doesn't cause irritation for you, this would be wonderful stuff, but be wary if you have dry or sensitive skin.

White cast on my face

Posted by 5283813498579037341 on Jul 03, 2015

I love that this is a cruelty-free, vegan and natural product! I also like its fruity scent. But consistency is quite thick and it feels a bit heavy on skin. The worst thing is that it leaves even my pale (yellow) skin very whitish. So I can use it only under make-up. That's why only three stars.

Strange oil control effects

Posted by vegenotes on Mar 14, 2016

I have no idea why it is called "oil control" because the immediate effect of this product is not oil-controling; after applying it, my not greasy face will look greasy. But, the interesting and strange thing is, it absorbs by noon, and in the afternoon the skin looks clean again. Really strange, contrary to the effects of most other products.

Très difficile à travailler

Posted by sandrinep on Oct 20, 2013

Déçue par ce produit qui me donne un teint cadavérique . Je suis obligée de mettre un fond de teint plus fonçé

Incolore mais pas adapté aux peaux noires

Posted by 4794511220952038332 on Oct 29, 2013

Hélas! Ce produit, est efficace pour les pores et l;unification du teint. Mais malgré sa touche incolore, j'ai été obligé d'utiliser ce produit par parcimonie. UNE POINTE sur mon doigt! Sinon, je deviens violette. Agis comme une protection solaire des plages

Not so good for oily skin

Posted by Reviewer3268553 on Mar 06, 2014

Not so good for oily skin. When applied leaves a whitish face.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »