Our favorite pasta!!!

Posted by eathealthy on Jun 29, 2013

Excellent pasta made from rice and quinoa. I wish it was made with brown rice however. This pasta is really nice and you can't tell the difference from wheat pasta. We use this in casseroles and it doesn't get gummy or lose it shapes as most wheat and rice pastas tend to do. Please be sure to cook a little bit longer than traditional pastas, almost 15 minutes. If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1438472 on Jun 14, 2011

Just as good or even better than ordinary pasta.

Great Pasta

Posted by 4914898952325285559 on Oct 26, 2013

I've reordered this pasta multiple times. It's a great substitute. Regular pastas make me very tired and I usually feel starving 1-2 hours after eating them. This brand I don't have this problem at all. Make sure you cook it as long as it says, or it will still be hard.

Pasta

Posted by Reviewer2429097 on Mar 15, 2012

WOW. What a nice change to plain pasta. Fusilli is a great shape and Quinoa is so good for you. Eat up everyone.

Won't buy again.

Posted by Reviewer3192716 on Oct 09, 2013

The taste and texture is better than 100% brown rice pasta, but I don't know if that's because they're using white rice as the main ingredient, or if the quinoa helps. However, while on one hand it does have a consistency very much like wheat pasta, the outside ends up overcooked and the inside beyond al dente. Apparently this pasta shape doesn't lend itself to this rice/quinoa blend. If I was going to try this for the first time, I'd buy the spaghetti--but iHerb doesn't stock it, so go with the macaroni instead, but even then for the price you're given a very meager amount; the cost is about 5x higher than wheat pasta.

Complete Protein Pasta

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 24, 2012

This is probably my favorite gluten-free pasta. It is more pricey than most others. I am considering buying mainly this brand regardless of the monetary price as the complete protein of the quinoa makes this a less carb addictive pasta for me. I find it much more satisfying and easier to stick to a smaller portion than with 100% rice pastas. The 6 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per 2 ounce serving help the carbs absorb more slowly decreasing it's glycemic load. It also cooks beautifully. It stays much more firm than both the rice pastas and the buckwheat pastas.

Better easy quinoa grain

Posted by Reviewer3234533 on Apr 12, 2014

I find this easier to digest than the grain, and better tasting. It doesn't have that strong woody taste that the grain has. I find it helpful to soak the pasta for 1/2 hour or more so that the texture is softer.

need more

Posted by Reviewer2160526 on Aug 15, 2011

Tastes ok like wheat pasta. However the quantity in the packet is quite meagre.

More filling than our wheat pasta

Posted by 4694532000155514861 on Jan 12, 2014

Don't over cook it as it might lose it's appeal. It fills you up better than wheat pasta and blends well with sauces.

Muy rica!

Posted by LaviniaWhateley on Sep 11, 2015

Está muy buena, y tiene una textura fantástica. Repitiendo...