New To iHerb?

Ark Naturals, Neem "Protect" Shampoo, 8 fl oz, 237 ml

Didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer1680490 on Jan 31, 2011

I got a shelter puppy who had only a few fleas in his very fine hair. I washed him the day we got him so he could stop biting himself. I actually saw a few fleas jump off him and into the grass when we were out in the grass the next day so I was excited it might be working. But I noticed the rest of the fleas just moved down to the parts of him I didn't wash as well, like his legs. So I washed him again a few days later. It dried his skin out so he had dandruff and the fleas seemed to stay. I ended up washing him 3 times total and then gave up when we got ill (Kennel Cough) and the poor thing was now dealing with fleas, itchy skin, and an illness. I hated giving him the chemicals in the flea treatment but the shampoo didn't do much of anything. Once the fleas were gone I tried using the shampoo as a regular shampoo but it just was too drying to his skin. Really wished this worked but didn't find it worked at all. Maybe if you have the time and the dogs skin can stand up to repeated washing in a short time it might work.

not economical for big dogs

Posted by Reviewer1095723 on Apr 26, 2011

The shampoo is really runny, so you end up having to squirt a lot on your dog. I have a big golden, and have used up more than half the bottle after two bathes. The smell is mildly pleasant but it doesn't really help with the fleas cos I still find some on my dog.

My doggie loves this!

Posted by Reviewer2519780 on Dec 01, 2010

This smells SO good!! It is really gentle and it seems to brighten his coat tremendousley- (he is white)Definatley 5 stars!

great shampoo for deterring biting insects!

Posted by Reviewer2961203 on Aug 30, 2011

My dogs are not picking up mites, ant bites as they used to when using other shampoos...neem is the key.

Good!