This stuff is great - high quality

Posted by Reviewer2150639 on Jul 19, 2010

This stuff is great because it is gluten free and has a very subtle flavor. I use this mainly to cut other gluten free flours to balance the strong flavors like buckwheat and garbanzo bean flours. One thing to take note is you will need some type of binding/thickening agent if you're not using any yeast. Xanthan or guar gum is highly recommended, otherwise your baked goods will turn out quite crumbly. This brand is just as good as Bob's Red Mill brand if not better, and cheaper!

Brown rice flour

Posted by Reviewer1215186 on Feb 12, 2009

I make pie crusts with this and love it. A tiny bit "grainy" in texture but that's to be expected and certainly worth the trade-off from wheat flour (fine but not as healthy)

Brown rice flour

Posted by Reviewer2063994 on Jun 11, 2009

Good when added in with other flours. A little more "gritty" than I expected, but does fine overall in baked goods.

Great for those allergic to wheat!

Posted by Reviewer1116279 on Jan 10, 2009

Wonderful organic brown rice flour. I am allergic to wheat and therefore have to use rice, oat and other flours in my baking and cooking. This is fantastic and great tasting. I just made an apple cranberry crisp with this and my husband and I loved it. Add approximately 1 to 2 tsps. of baking powder to compensate for the lack of gluten (found in wheat flour).

Arrowhead Mills, Brown Rice Flour

Posted by Reviewer1468441 on Feb 21, 2009

I mixed this flour with a bit of oat bran to make muffins and it turned out great. It is also finely milled so if you create a moist enough mixture you don't have to worry about having really grainy muffins. Thanks!

Grainy in texture

Posted by 4639152455381149733 on Jan 07, 2015

I boiled this with water as my smoothie in breakfast. It is much cheaper than Bob's Red Mill, but not as smooth as Bob's Red. It's grainy in texture. Anyway, a tradeoff between price and quality.

It is recommended

Posted by Reviewer2688437 on Oct 19, 2011

It is a good product and has cheap price.

Fresh, great quality

Posted by Reviewer3188151 on Sep 07, 2009

Very happy with my purchase of this item. It arrived in a timely manner and is fresh and exactly what I wanted. The texture is nice.

Nice larger size bag

Posted by Reviewer2721840 on Jan 19, 2009

Larger bag means more flour for the money. I use this for making my pets food, easy to work with and a very healthy alternative to regular wheat flour.

Brown rice flour arrowhead mills

Posted by Reviewer2757925 on Apr 16, 2012