I'm finally going to give up PB!

Posted by stephd on Jan 25, 2011

I disagree with the other commenter that this tastes "nothing" like peanut butter. Sure, straight out of the jar, it wouldn't fool me. But it's certainly much closer to natural peanut butter in texture and flavor than anything else I've tried, especially compared to almond butter. Also, when used in baking, and spread on apples/carrots/celery, I really can't taste much difference. It's creamy, smooth, and delicious... the flavors of the tahini and cashew meld together wonderfully. I've been moderately allergic to peanut butter for most of my life but have never been able to totally give it up because I was so hooked on the delicious peanut-buttery flavor. I've tried all kinds of nut butters and they all disappointed me. This stuff, however, has made me decide to give up peanut butter for good! I know my body will thank me. One other perk -- most nut butters (especially almond butters) get rock-solid after refrigeration, but not this stuff. A quick stir makes it spreadable again. Perfect!

Neville in Spain

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Apr 04, 2011

This isn't a peanut butter, and thank God for that! It's a delicious low-sodium cashew-sesame nut paste with its own distinct taste. If you want your salty, ultra-processed, long-chain saturated fat laden peanut butter, go out and buy some Jiffy and be done. Cashini is a healthy food you can spread on toast or celery or anywhere you would use peanut butter.

Who cares if it tastes like peanut butter, this is delicious!

Posted by Reviewer2003563 on Feb 03, 2011

I just got my first jar of Artisana's Cashini Butter today, and I'm completely sold... Unlike the other reviewers here, I was not actually looking for a peanut butter replacement. However, I will say that this tastes better than any peanut butter I've ever had. I tried it with 2 different jams and by itself on toast. Just phenomenal. Super tasty, and the consistency at room temperature is really nice. In all fairness, the label should say "Peanut Butter Alternative" rather than "Replacement" so as not to be misleading, but that's just semantics. This is definitely a new staple for me. Forget peanut butter!

Insanely good

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 11, 2013

We use it as a dip for carrots and celery - really very smooth and easy to eat!

Not Peanut Butter

Posted by Reviewer3236571 on Jan 11, 2011

I love Artisana products, and this one is very fresh and tasty. However, it tastes nothing like peanut butter to my palate. It tastes like tahini and cashew butter--with tahini taking the front seat. I really can't convince myself there's any hint of peanut butteriness. I'm sorry, Artisana. I"ll still happily eat the jar, though. If you love tahini, you may really enjoy this take on it. If you're looking for a peanut butter substitute, try almond butter. It doesn't taste like peanut butter either, but it's closer than this product.

Rich and creamy, but not Peanut Butter!

Posted by Reviewer2344847 on Jul 15, 2011

This has a very good texture, but as one would expect this tastes like tahini. Priced a little high for tahini even if it is a bit smoothed out by the cashews. For that reason I don't like it on its own. It is good swirled with sea salt, honey or preserves and topped on a cracker or banana. Next time will definately stick with pure, raw cashew butter.

Great replacement for peanut butter

Posted by Krisinsight on Mar 09, 2011

I just tried Cashini butter in place of peanut butter in a protein bar and it was perfect. It is tasty and creamy and I will buy it again. Thank you iHerb for carrying this great product.

Wonderful butter!

Posted by Reviewer3062417 on Jul 06, 2011

A healthy replacement that tastes better than pb...

Yammi

Posted by Reviewer3244758 on Jul 11, 2011

This is delicious! My son loves it!

The real deal!!!

Posted by Reviewer2428745 on Feb 09, 2011

This tastes exactly like peanut butter, is organic and raw - just without the disadvantages of peanut butter! Lots of calcium too! Happy with this item!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »