Not Peanut Butter

Posted by Reviewer3236571 on Jan 11, 2011

I love Artisana products, and this one is very fresh and tasty. However, it tastes nothing like peanut butter to my palate. It tastes like tahini and cashew butter--with tahini taking the front seat. I really can't convince myself there's any hint of peanut butteriness. I'm sorry, Artisana. I"ll still happily eat the jar, though. If you love tahini, you may really enjoy this take on it. If you're looking for a peanut butter substitute, try almond butter. It doesn't taste like peanut butter either, but it's closer than this product.

Rich and creamy, but not Peanut Butter!

Posted by Reviewer2344847 on Jul 15, 2011

This has a very good texture, but as one would expect this tastes like tahini. Priced a little high for tahini even if it is a bit smoothed out by the cashews. For that reason I don't like it on its own. It is good swirled with sea salt, honey or preserves and topped on a cracker or banana. Next time will definately stick with pure, raw cashew butter.

Mild taste

Posted by Reviewer1319384 on Mar 08, 2011

The cashew taste is more dominant than the sesame seeds. Tasty and easy to spread on bread.

Yum!

Posted by Reviewer1434676 on Aug 16, 2011

Really is a good healthy alternative to peanut butter. I'm allergic to peants and this takes it's place. Wish it was sprouted though.

Cashini Butter

Posted by Reviewer1353729 on Aug 01, 2011

Taste good, but the almond butter is better.