This is henna not hair color

Posted by Reviewer2165546 on Aug 22, 2008

I am highly disappointed, because i thought your product is hair color. but it was a henna. you should mention in your ad that it is a henna powder. Your ad is so misleading it did'nt mention at anywhere that it is a henna. I dont use henna and it is a waste of my time and my money. please mention that it is henna.

Covers grey perfectly

Posted by Reviewer1590916 on Dec 15, 2008

I love this stuff. My hair's at least 60% grey, and it completely covered my grey hair. I've been using henna for years and have to leave it on for about 17 hours to cover the grey, and it still doesn't do a very good job. Plus I'm sick of having red hair all the time. I only had to leave this stuff on for 2 hours, it was easy to apply myself, and it really is dark brown - no red. I dyed it two weeks ago and it's lasting really well so far. My usual henna would have washed out a lot by now.

Beautiful color

Posted by Reviewer2567549 on Jun 25, 2009

I had been using henna for couple years. This product gives a rich dark brown color instead of the red tone with henna. I mixed this product with Bru (instant coffee and roasted chicory), couple table spoon of lemon juice and coconut oil. The color so much richer than mix with plain hot water. Try it and you will see the difference. This mixture covers the gray a lot better.

Colors Gray!

Posted by Reviewer2179372 on Nov 28, 2007

I found that this product completely covered my gray hair--better than any chemical hair coloring I have ever used. It also made it look thicker and shinier. The color was a gorgeous deep brown. I am fixing to order more.

aubrey colour me natural dark hair colour

Posted by Reviewer1708537 on Dec 18, 2008

This product is excellent! I used Light Mountain and it wasn't nearly as effective. This product is a one step product and the hair colour is natural and even. Your hair looks healthier after using it too. I leave mine on for 2 hours, rinse with water and don't wash with shampoo for 1 to 2 days to let the color set. I will be buying this product forever to dye my grey away.

Did not work at all for me.

Posted by Reviewer3063435 on Nov 09, 2010

I had read reviews and thought I did my homework. The product was messy to concoct and apply, and after letting it sit for two hours (this ended up being almost a 3.5-hour procedure, start to finish), I rinsed the gritty dye out of my hair to find that it had not changed my color at all, and not touched even one strand of gray. My hair smelled like rotting spinach for days. What a disappointment.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2759117 on Jan 29, 2008

Because I do not want to use chemicals on my hair, I have been using henna for a while. I got tired of the red so I took a chance on the Color Me Natural and was pleasantly surprised. The product covered all the red and is a beautiful color. I put it on almost 3 weeks ago and it has not faded at all. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Aubrey Organics, Color Me Natural, 100% Natural Permanent Hair Color, Dark Brown

Posted by Reviewer1080200 on Oct 07, 2008

I am very pleased with this product. Very easy to use considering it is henna based. I love the colour it really is a soft dark brown, I was worried it would look too black. It rates as a zero on the EWG.org website which makes it the safest product you can use to dye your hair. I will continue to use this product.

I'm happy with it!

Posted by Reviewer2516546 on Aug 13, 2008

I have lots of gray and was looking for something safe to switch to (I had been using a L'oreal product). I used about half of the powder to touch up my roots. I could have left it in longer. The color was a good bit lighter than the rest of my hair. After about a week, I just wasn't satisfied with the darkness of it, especially on the gray hairs, so I used the rest of the powder and left it on longer. Worked great. I'll know next time, to leave it in for the max time.

Not satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1729412 on Mar 19, 2010

I love Aubrey products, but this hair color was a disaster. The actual color was fine, but it was messy, it smelled bad--and I could smell it for days---and, it mad my head, neck and even ears itch like crazy for days. I clearly had an allergic reaction to it. I would never use this again. I must add that I swear by their Rosa Mosqueta lotion for my face, have used it for years and it's the best.