Reviews 2-star

Formula Changed!

Posted by 5218583909550699028 on Jan 20, 2016

Heads up! Aubrey Organics has been changing the formulas of all their hair care products (if not all their products)! I've been buying this Green Tea Finishing Rinse for about 3 years or so since it was the best for moisturizing my dry and oily scalp and hair, detangling and preventing tangles, and softening and smoothing my somewhat wavy/straight thick non-colored/treated Asian hair. My hair stylist kept cooing over my hair in the past. But this month (Jan 2016) I opened a new bottle I bought in December 2015 and found the formula had changed! The consistency is now a thick cream rather than a watery rinse. It still detangles as usual, but my scalp is left dry and my hair does not get that smooth silky glide it used to after I rinse it out of my hair. It leaves my hair feeling lighter, but at the cost of some frizz and increasing dryness of scalp. The scent is also changed from the pleasant green tea scent to an awful bitter herbal scent (I think that's the scent of nettles?). I'm currently on the hunt (AGAIN) for a different conditioner with detangling and moisturizing effects. But this one will have to do until I find something that doesn't offend my nose and dry out my scalp/hair.

Did not work for me

Posted by 5077801004873602983 on Feb 15, 2015

I really wanted this product to work for my hair - i have fine hair (but lots of it!) which gets oily roots easily. I loved the thin consistency of this product however after using it for a month I noticed no improvement in conditioning or detangling my hair. The shampoo was great however I threw away the conditioner and I will not repurchase this product again.