Aubrey Organics, Natural Sun, Sunscreen, SPF 30, Green Tea, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

Very Thick Sunscreen; Caused Some Skin Problems

Posted by wholefoods on Aug 16, 2012

I purchased this product when I was looking for a more natural sunscreen. I had previously used MyChelle's "Sun Shield" which worked quiet well, but was somewhat expensive. When I first tried this product, I found it to be very thick in consistency. I could really feel the product on my skin and especially on my face. I also noticed that my skin broke out when using the product on my face. It seems to create a thick barrier on your face which doesn't allow your skin to breathe properly. I will probably use this product on my arms and body, but I wouldn't use again on my face and I won't reorder once the product is gone.

Little thick

Posted by Mandrake on Oct 08, 2012

It' not nearly as bad as most sunblocks of it's type, but it does leave a very slightly greasy appearance and makes the skin chalky to the touch. The color is green and it stays that color so if you wipe your face with something white, you'll see green. Also if you scrape your skin with your nail, you'll have a buildup under your nail so it's far from going on invisible. However it's not bad where the chemicals are concerned and the sun protection is very good so I will keep this as a summer sunblock.

This is high on the EWG sunscreen safety list

Posted by vered999 on Sep 10, 2012

So I got this for my 3 year old son (even though they do have a kid/sensitive skin version, but it got a slightly lower (but still terrific) score on the list). It has a not-too-pleasant but not really bad scent when you sniff it out of the tube but nothing that you would notice on the skin. Goes on whitish but becomes transparent very quickly. Does, like other sunscreens, cause excess sweating. Here's the EWG list: http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/best-sunscreens/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

Best sunscreen ever

Posted by Reviewer1083358 on Jul 06, 2012

Easy to apply, if you know how! Basically you squeeze it onto your palm, rub both palms together to spread it over your palms, then pat over an area you want to cover, THEN you rub it in. The patting over the area helps you 'spread out the product' before you rub it in. No white sheen at all. Not oily even in tropical climates. Love the fact that it is all physical sunblocks and no chemical screens :)

Very good sun lotion.

Posted by Reviewer1470517 on Jul 10, 2012

This lotion is easy to apply, and the smell is not to bad (not pleasant either...;-) The most important to me is that is works, and that it contains as few dangerous chemicals as possible. This one gets a good score at www.ewg.org