Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Clearance

Aubrey Organics, Revitalizing Therapy Night Cream, Dry Skin, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

great product in excess packaging

8 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1292319 on Mar 24, 2008

I am a fan of Aubrey Organics in general and this product in particular. I hesitated to purchase it again because of the wasteful use of packaging, but I did because it really makes a difference with my many, minor skin issues. The problems begin with an overly sturdy box. The bottle is not economically designed. A full inch from the base of the lotion to the base of the bottle is the first striking misuse of material. There are a few pieces of metal on the bottle that serve no purpose. I can only think that Aubrey wanted to market a high-end look for a high-end price. I would like to see a repackaging campaign begin. I'm sure the company is concerned with keeping products "green". Savvy consumers don't need the hype of the wrapping, we just want the great product.

Too greasy, strong rose odor, gave me acne

4 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by PurplePegasus on Sep 26, 2009

I have very dry skin. I love Aubrey Organics so tried this. Sorry to say but this was a terrible experience: first off it's way too greasy; it left my skin very oily for hours on end. I also broke out both times I gave this cream a try. The strong odor of rose is categorically unbearable: I have MCS and I'm usually fine with natural scents but this rose scent is overpowering and won't let up. I also tried this as under eye cream and it gave me milia break outs right away. I'll stick with Weleda's Skin Food which I buy from iHerb and it's fine, rich but not greasy, and a very light scent.

Good stuff

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1287062 on Jan 26, 2009

This is a good quality cream as one would expect from Aubrey. It's very heavy and leaves lots of "shine" on your face so it's not great for use during the day. One drawback-you are supposed to shake it before using. You can neither see or hear anything being shaken up so you go on faith!

Excessive Packaging

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2621526 on Nov 14, 2008

I have to agree with previous reviews that for such a small amount of product, the packaging is excessive. The night cream appears very greasy on my skin.

Good for dry, sensitive skin

2 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2686341 on Mar 04, 2013

I have tried for several years finding the right night cream. I have very dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. Evening primrose oil fixes my PMS breakouts, but I had to start with Differin cream(prescription Avitamin) trying to get rid of my comedones, which I`ve had for years. I`ve tried all high-end brands(decleor, MD Formulations, Dermalogica etc), but nothing worked for me. I`ve also tried several oils, shea butter and the Borage Skin Therapy night cream with none, or bad effect for both the dryness and acneprone skin. So; my breakouts come from both hormones, but also the dryness. It`s difficult to give reviews since my skin tends to chenge into perfect when trying new makeup/creams/products for about 2-3 weeks, then goes back to same or worse. But I can say that this cream gives anough moisture than any other cream I`ve tried, I can even use it for daytime(not recommended for normal or just slightly dry skin). My comedones are almost gone, don`t need to use my concealer. I got a few comedones on vacation, but they were really easy to get out with out leaving those terrible "4 week scars". My skin feels better now, and I will edit the review if it chenges into worse or better. I recommend this highly for anyone with very dry, sensitive skin. I`m now in my 30s, but this would have worked for my skin in my 20s also(it was more dry and sensitive just without breakouts and comedones). Not recommended to anyone with oily/normal skin, it`ll probably be too heavy and mild(not really any active ingredients). Many have complained about the packaging, and i totally agree. My pump still works(fingers crossed). I would like Aubrey to make this in a 50 ml plastic tube. Now in winter time I actually use it in daytime too, and it works great for me under makeup, giving me a slightly dewy look(although you have to wait at least 10 minutes and let it sink in) My husband actually complimented me with "naturally looking beautiful skin" when I didn`t wear any makeup, so I guess this works much better than anything else for me since I really haven`t had good looking skin for years. It`s not a miracle product, an my skin didn`t turn into perfection, but it has improved with a more healthy glow, which makes imperfections less visible.