Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Aubrey Organics, Revitalizing Therapy Night Cream, Dry Skin, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

great product in excess packaging

Posted by Reviewer1292319 on Mar 24, 2008

I am a fan of Aubrey Organics in general and this product in particular. I hesitated to purchase it again because of the wasteful use of packaging, but I did because it really makes a difference with my many, minor skin issues. The problems begin with an overly sturdy box. The bottle is not economically designed. A full inch from the base of the lotion to the base of the bottle is the first striking misuse of material. There are a few pieces of metal on the bottle that serve no purpose. I can only think that Aubrey wanted to market a high-end look for a high-end price. I would like to see a repackaging campaign begin. I'm sure the company is concerned with keeping products "green". Savvy consumers don't need the hype of the wrapping, we just want the great product.

Too greasy, strong rose odor, gave me acne

Posted by PurplePegasus on Sep 26, 2009

I have very dry skin. I love Aubrey Organics so tried this. Sorry to say but this was a terrible experience: first off it's way too greasy; it left my skin very oily for hours on end. I also broke out both times I gave this cream a try. The strong odor of rose is categorically unbearable: I have MCS and I'm usually fine with natural scents but this rose scent is overpowering and won't let up. I also tried this as under eye cream and it gave me milia break outs right away. I'll stick with Weleda's Skin Food which I buy from iHerb and it's fine, rich but not greasy, and a very light scent.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1287062 on Jan 26, 2009

This is a good quality cream as one would expect from Aubrey. It's very heavy and leaves lots of "shine" on your face so it's not great for use during the day. One drawback-you are supposed to shake it before using. You can neither see or hear anything being shaken up so you go on faith!

Excessive Packaging

Posted by Reviewer2621526 on Nov 14, 2008

I have to agree with previous reviews that for such a small amount of product, the packaging is excessive. The night cream appears very greasy on my skin.

It is the best