Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Aubrey Organics, Silken Earth, Translucent Base, Porcelain Beige, .74 oz (21 g)

Best makeup I ever used

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Jun 06, 2010

Like most women, I have been lured by the promise of younger looking perfect skin that cosmetic manufacturers attach to their chemical laden products. Well, once you pass 40, foundation and powder only make you look waaaaaay older. But not this stuff. I wash my face, apply moisturizer and then put on this powder, and it looks as if I have great skin with no makeup. Even areas with large pores look good. The color (porcelain beige) works for me. I am a pale-skinned brown eyed woman with light brown hair. My skin has yellow/neutral undertones. Pink makeup is a no-no. This shade could be described as 2nd or 3rd from the palest, with neutral or yellow undertones. Hope that helps. Down side: can be drying.

Sheer but lightweight and wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2283995 on Mar 24, 2009

All you need with this product is a good concelor. Put the concelor on your problem areas (bags under eyes, zits, pimple scars, red spots...) and blend it in with a tapping motion with a clean finger, then dust n the Silken Earth Translucent Base, and you will have glowing skin (not oily, and trust me, my face is usually oily!) for about a 7 hour day. The great part about this product is that you can just dust on a bit more and reduce any oily-ness that has accumulated. The Aubrey Organics brush they sell with this is crappy looking, so I got a Sonia Kashuk one from Target (about $15) that works PERFECTLY with this product. OHH AND BE CAREFUL! THE LID CAN FALL OFF IF YOU ARE TAPPING IT UPSIDE DOWN TOO AGRESSIVELY!! Just keep a finger holding the plasitc tray inside down when you turn it upside down and you will be good to go.

Best minerial makeup I've ever used

Posted by Reviewer1354043 on Jun 25, 2010

I love the natural finishing. The coverage is light. Although I have pretty much acne scar, it's not a big problem if I use concealer before applying the powder. It can last whole-day-long without touch-up. Natural products are always good for skin. :) p.s. I'm an Asian from Hong Kong, procelain beige suits me a lot.

My new mineral powder of choice!

Posted by Reviewer2729281 on May 20, 2009

The color is perfect, smells delicious, goes on a tad more powdery than other mineral powders I've used but does settle into my skin (or mist w/ mineral water to help)and my skin requires NO touch-ups throughout the day -- used to ALWAYS get the shiny forehead but not at all with this!

light coverage

Posted by Reviewer3166039 on Oct 08, 2008

great as a foundation if you have great skin, more of a powder for the rest of us. Doesn't compare to bare minerals. However, my husband prefers it, says it looks totally natural and I've had compliments on my skin since...so maybe I need to stop covering up (pores, redness, etc)