Dont use too much!

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on Apr 18, 2010

I'm not going to slam this product...I just used too much. I took 3-4 cups of sunflower oil and mixed in 20 drops of Neroli and 10 drops of Vetiver. All I smell is Vetiver. It is the smell of something burning. So when you hear that it is "grounding", the scent is really that of char to me. Next time I will add maybe only 3 drops to the same amount of sunflower oil. I am completely new to essential oils so it's likely my fault. Most recipes call for 1 or 2 drops of essential oils mixed with a teaspoon of oil...which is crazy. That's about enough for two elbows. I thought that 20 and 10 drops would be fine for 3-4 cups of oil, but I was wrong. Like some food recipes, just because you are tripling the recipe doesnt mean you should triple the spices.....

Best!

Posted by Reviewer1229182 on Nov 07, 2009

I love this stuff. Mixed with Neroli, it is a great deodorant. Vetiver comes from a grass in the lemon grass family. Its fragrance is similar to, but less pungent than, patchouli.

Beautiful heady aroma

Posted by drewmastro on Jun 25, 2013

I haven't tried many brands of this oil so I can't go out on a limb and say it is amazing, however this has such a resonant, woody scent and I have fallen in love with it! It has rejuvenating properties so I've added it both to my face and body oil blends with good results- it does tone and rejuvenate the skin. For aromatherapy- this blends beautifully with Bergamot.

Aura Cacia Vetiver

Posted by Reviewer1597685 on Feb 19, 2010

I Love Aura Cacia's Vetiver!!! I have used several different brands and find this one to be quite good. This essential oil can be used for grounding, arthritis, ADD/ADHD and many, many other uses I know of --- and have seen it work sucessfully. I find that all of the prices on iHerb are by far the best compared to other websites.

good for adhd in combination with cedarwood oil

Posted by adhd-researcher on Jun 25, 2016

bought this after a video of dr. axe daughter with adhd loves the smell, me not so much lasts for hours supposed to calm down mix 2 drops with cedarwood oil (2 drops) and coconut oil as a base carrier

vetiver oil

Posted by 5246381018213506201 on Jan 08, 2014

good parfum

Interesting!

Posted by 5153473914451475247 on Oct 16, 2015

The smell is not appealing on it's own, but heavily diluted in a blend (goes really well with lavender, especially!) it is quite charming. I give 4 rather than 5 stars because the Aura Cacia's standard dropper cap doesn't accommodate vetiver oils viscous consistency. It takes quite awhile for a single drop to find its way out.

seems great

Posted by 4919355739801018264 on Aug 14, 2014

Have not used product yet.

Vetiver use

Posted by 5504661640375755863 on Nov 30, 2016

A totally pleasant refreshing scent with a hint of mystery Within olafactory limits the best scent to linger

Great value

Posted by 5475099362997248870 on Dec 05, 2016

Price and quality are superb.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »