New To iHerb?

Aura Cacia, Organic, Vetiver, .25 fl oz (7.4 ml)

Earthy, Satisfying

Posted by HawaiianViking on Apr 07, 2013

Vetiver Oil comes from the root of the tropical grass Chrysopogon zizanioides. It's related to citronella, lemongrass, nagramotha, and palmarosa, but is distinct and unique among its relatives for an especially earthy, rich, woody, wet-yet-clean scent. Vetiver is a common basenote in perfumery, though it's rare to encounter it as a solitary note. From what I understand, Vetiver is a tenacious grass not commonly cultivated with fertilizers or pesticides, and because extraction is usually by the steam method, an organic version of this oil may not be entirely necessary. However, erring on the side of safety, it's good that Organic Vetiver is available.

I love the smell of vetiver

Posted by Reviewer1643020 on Nov 29, 2013

This is my first vetiver essential oil and I was a bit concerned because it was described as heavy, earthy, strong scent. I have ADHD and it is supposed to have a calming and grounding effect so I gave it a try. I acctually, surprisingly like the smell of vetiver very much! But what I dislike about this product is that I was unable to get the essential oil out of the bottle because of the EXTREMELY thick consistency. Since it's my first vetiver oil I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not. That's why I gave this product 4 stars.

nice