Auromere, Ayurvedic Herbal Toothpaste, Mint-Free, 4.16 oz (75 ml/117 g)

Pretty good fluoride-free toothpaste, but contains SLS and glycerin.

Posted by Leione on Apr 23, 2014

This ayurvedic herbal toothpaste is suitable for people suffering from acid reflux, heartburn and gastritis, because it doesn't contain mint which may aggravate these conditions. Unlike many other toothpastes, this one is free of fluoride, parabens, propylene glycol, PEGs, saccharin and other synthetic additives, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, colors or harsh abrasives, but it does contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Even though SLS is not a dangerous and toxic carcinogen or endocrine disruptor, it's a potential skin, eye and lung irritant and may cause allergy in some individuals. Glycerin is a safe ingredient but sometimes may interfere with the remineralization of the tooth enamel. All the other ingredients are great, though: fine chalk and silica gently clean the teeth without damaging the enamel, while clove oil and a powerful blend of peelu, neem, indian licorice root, pomegranate rind, common jujube, rose apple, clove, persian walnut, barleria prinoitis bark, Indian almond, bedda nut, Asian holly oak, pri ckly ash, zanthoxylum alatum, sappan wood, catechu, bengal madder, acacia arabica bark, sarsaparilla, cinnamon, medlar bark, mayweed and bishop's weed flower extracts prevent and reduce plaque and tartar build-up by killing harmful tooth decay-causing bacteria and stimulating the growth of tooth-protective, non-acidic bacteria, remove stains, strengthen the enamel, help prevent caries, relieve the symptoms of gingivitis and parodontosis, heal sore gums, reduce redness and inflammation, fight halitosis and prom ote fresh breath, carrageenan (natural, not its degraded and chemically processed variety, poligeenan) is a thickener made from seaweed, cellulose gum is a natural binder and viscosity increasing agent. Overall, it's a pretty good toothpaste, and unlike mint toothpastes, it doesn't provoke my acid reflux or irritate my stomach lining, but it would be much better without SLS and glycerin.

Best Toothpaste Ever

Posted by Reviewer1779793 on Sep 21, 2009

I really enjoy using this toothpaste. Since using it, my dentist as commented on each checkup how I have no plaque or tartar. Amazing results. It is rare to find a "non-mint" toothpaste. The taste is very different. My teeth are very white and my mouth feels great. Give it a try for a break from all the chemicals used in other brands.

Don't really like the taste but my lips have never been healthier! Its worth it!

Posted by Reviewer2590670 on Dec 08, 2009

I bought this product because I realized that I every time I brushed my teeth or chewed gum with mint flavoring my lips would peel and feel irritated. Thus every morning my lips were peeling and they would shrink (constrict). So I got on the internet and researched to find a toothpaste without mint in it and I found this product. I've been using it for about 2 or 3 weeks now and my lips do not peel as much, they're lighter (they had started to get darker), and they are fuller. The product actually gets your teeth just as clean as using regular toothpaste. My only gripe would be the taste. I never really liked licorice and that's the main flavor you taste in the product, but its bearable. Great product!

has a great taste yet is not too strong

Posted by Reviewer1719407 on Sep 23, 2010

I always buy this along with the other flavours Auromere has to offer in toothpastes. I have multiple tubes going at once and select the flavour depending on my mood or time of the day. It's good to know that you get great taste, not so strong like most toothpastes, and it is made with natural and safe ingredients.

Not my favorite

Posted by Reviewer2885345 on Dec 02, 2008

While this is all natural, I find that it doesn not leave my mouth feeling or smelling fresh. It doesn't seem to clean as thoroughly as I would like.