NOT THE SAME AS THE OLD VERSION

Posted by Reviewer1914715 on Oct 31, 2012

I have used this for two years and thought it was the best on the market for giving thick full bodied hair. When I got the new version I didn't pay much attention except for after I used it the first time the results were terrible. My hair is now fine and does not look thick when I use this "new sustainable" version. You will be very disappointed. I recommened everyone get on the Avalon Organics Website and let them know they have created a very mediocre product. They need to redo it so we get the results as the old version. Do not buy this. It's bad.

New formula a huge disappointment

Posted by Reviewer1490395 on Jul 21, 2012

I totally agree with the adjacent review. I liked the previous formula, but this new formula does not moisturize whatsoever, and I find it difficult to work through my hair. I am looking for a replacement now.

Beware--may cause your hair to fall out!

Posted by SilverStars on Jul 14, 2012

It seems most of the glowing reviews of this product are based on its previous formula which was changed a few months ago! I wish I had read the negative ones before buying. During the first few times of using it hair felt somewhat dry while still wet, but after blow-drying it looked very full and shiny. A week later it started to feel and look very dry along the length, but the roots would look oily already on the second day. Another week on and my hair started to fall out, more and more after every wash!! Needless to say the rest of the bottle went in the bin! Still trying to reverse the effects...

Don't waste money buying this product!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

I bought this to the many positive reviews. It isn’t too expensive and appears to be free of synthetic fragrances, phthalates, harsh sulfates or parabens. It smells pretty nice with a nice citrus smell. It does not lather very well. After using this for a while, my scalp itches like crazy and I got dandruff. Looking closer at the ingredients, you will realise that there are many other chemicals in there. For example, there are sodium benzoate which reacts with vitamin c to form benzene, a known carcinogens, potas sium sorbate, a preservative and many other unknown chemicals which I can’t even read or bother to know further. The most important is that it uses sodium coco-sulfate which is the same chemical formula as sodium lauryl sulfate (google it and you can easily find it). Definately will not recommend this product to anyone who want a chemical free product. Aubrey organics is the only brand that appears to be chemical free. Check out my page for more reviews!

Ohhhh, it changed

Posted by Reviewer3336796 on Dec 11, 2012

I am so dissapointed, I bought it for my mom after years of using it, even if I live in Spain I managed to buy it in my visits to US or ordering it. Now, it changed and our scalps burn. We moved to Biotene, but I still prefer the old Avalon version. Please, change it again.

Not good for the hair and scalp

Posted by Reviewer1193655 on Apr 19, 2012

I have been using this shampoo for a long time now, so I can write a review and talk about the results ON MYSELF. First of all, this is truly an organic shampoo, free of sulfates and toxic products. It is made mostly from natural ingredients. So this is a plus. On the other hand, I didn't see any thickening results. My scalp gets irritated every time I use it and I have noticed intense hair loss. Of course, this could by caused by 100 other reasons, but I think it is because it makes my hair so messy and unruly and it is difficult to comb them. Personally speaking, it is one of the worst shampoos I have ever used.

did not like it at all...

Posted by olyamozh on Oct 04, 2012

I was fooled by all those great reviews and even bought 2 bottles... but this product is a complete disappointment. Ive got thin hair, and this product made it tangle more. And there is a strange effect after using it, my hair feels like straw, only using conditioner helps to iprove it, but I cant brush it properly even after that. I think it will help mostly people with shorter hair like my Mom, she says she likes it

Do not recommend

Posted by Reviewer1994853 on Jun 03, 2012

It made my scalp itch and burn after the second use and my hair didn't look clean.

=(

Posted by weseatheworld on Aug 11, 2011

all shampoo works gd on me except this one! it makes my hair look very wet n hard. i hav no idea y! it smells gd though

Used to be good

Posted by khi-73 on Nov 11, 2013

Used to love it, but after they changed the formula it makes my hair look greasy after just one day.