Avalon Organics, Deep Moisturizing Shampoo, Awapuhi Mango Therapy, 14 fl oz (414 ml)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Not for me

Posted by Winterfair on Nov 22, 2012

I love organic beauty products and I have used a lavender shampoo by Avalon Organics before, which was okay. Since my hair needed some moisturizing, I decided to give this a try. After a week of daily use, it had made my hair extremely dry. I know: not good in general, and horrible for a "moisturizing" shampoo. The lengths of my hair looked like waxy rope (I have a bob line) and it was unmanagable. It took me (yeah, I know, not very smart) another week to realise it was the shampoo. I quit using it and 2 days later my hair was back to normal again. My boyfriend uses it now on his very short hair. I guess that's not long enough to get waxy and ropy. I will never buy this again.

Did not like it

Posted by Reviewer1965146 on Sep 02, 2011

Got dandruff with this shampoo.

Left my hair greasy and heavy

Posted by Reviewer2054670 on Sep 04, 2012

Smells great, I'll give it that but made my hair greasy and makes my scalp itch. I havent' had luck with other Avalon organics hair products either and this was my last attempt. I'm sticking with Jason hair thickening shampoo from now on.

very sweet smell

Posted by Reviewer3359533 on Mar 29, 2011

You need to like really sweet fruity smells.

Revised 07/2012

Posted by Reviewer1435755 on Jul 21, 2012

While this had been one of the best organic options we've used, any reviews prior to Spring 2012 were based on their old formulas, which they supposedly changed to be "more sustainable". Indeed, they will be more sustainable because the new formulas are not effective & require more product to even be manageable. Therefore, we will not be buying this one again. Previous Impression: For a natural shampoo, this one really lathers well. I love the smell & the results. Leaves hair soft & manageable. I may try another Avalon version for variety's sake & to keep it from getting too heavy with the moisturizers.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »