Not for me

Posted by Winterfair on Nov 22, 2012

I love organic beauty products and I have used a lavender shampoo by Avalon Organics before, which was okay. Since my hair needed some moisturizing, I decided to give this a try. After a week of daily use, it had made my hair extremely dry. I know: not good in general, and horrible for a "moisturizing" shampoo. The lengths of my hair looked like waxy rope (I have a bob line) and it was unmanagable. It took me (yeah, I know, not very smart) another week to realise it was the shampoo. I quit using it and 2 days later my hair was back to normal again. My boyfriend uses it now on his very short hair. I guess that's not long enough to get waxy and ropy. I will never buy this again.

Did not like it

Posted by PuraVidaMia on Sep 02, 2011

Got dandruff with this shampoo.

Left my hair greasy and heavy

Posted by Reviewer2054670 on Sep 04, 2012

Smells great, I'll give it that but made my hair greasy and makes my scalp itch. I havent' had luck with other Avalon organics hair products either and this was my last attempt. I'm sticking with Jason hair thickening shampoo from now on.

Revised 07/2012

Posted by Reviewer1435755 on Jul 21, 2012

While this had been one of the best organic options we've used, any reviews prior to Spring 2012 were based on their old formulas, which they supposedly changed to be "more sustainable". Indeed, they will be more sustainable because the new formulas are not effective & require more product to even be manageable. Therefore, we will not be buying this one again. Previous Impression: For a natural shampoo, this one really lathers well. I love the smell & the results. Leaves hair soft & manageable. I may try another Avalon version for variety's sake & to keep it from getting too heavy with the moisturizers.

very sweet smell

Posted by Reviewer3359533 on Mar 29, 2011

You need to like really sweet fruity smells.

Absolutely dissapointed! :(

Posted by 5183509275997116992 on Oct 01, 2012

Does not foam well, need to use a lot. Maybe it's ok if will used it as everyday shampoo, but it really makes my hair a bit dry. Does not moisturize good, even I use with same series of conditioner. (Also didn't like Avalon Organics, Deep Moisturizing conditioner, does not do the job writen in description, after applying it on my hair i bearly can feel i use conditioner, also need to use a lot and makes my hair a bit dry). Will not buy Avalon Organics again.

One of the worst I´ve tried

Posted by 4737851788852498898 on Oct 17, 2012

I tried this product once and it made my hair tangled and dry. Never will I use this again. Maybe it works for a thick hair but for a thin hair its a disaster...

I dislike this

Posted by 5468148079199386610 on Nov 05, 2012

I absolutely dislike this shampoo. My hair has never been more stripped of moisture and it left my hair so tangled even after brushing, something I haven't even experienced with other shampoos that I've used before. After combing my hair with my finger(through the tangle-ness of a mess which hurt), my curls won't come back. It left my hair straight and separated so it looked very frizzy. I have very curly, asian hair and for whoever that has the same type of hair for me, I advise you don't buy this unless you want to try it for yourself and see if it works for you.

Disappointed shampoo i've ever had...

Posted by 5139053192597054172 on Jan 19, 2013

I admit the scent is very nice but the result was bad.It made my hair tangled and dry.My hair is thick anyway.Sculp get dry and I had scurf all day.

side effect of dandruff

Posted by 5717917318287822270 on Jun 24, 2013

I love the smell of this product, but unfortunately after using this shampoo I've got dandruff, and as such would not buy it again.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »