Not for me

Posted by Winterfair on Nov 22, 2012

I love organic beauty products and I have used a lavender shampoo by Avalon Organics before, which was okay. Since my hair needed some moisturizing, I decided to give this a try. After a week of daily use, it had made my hair extremely dry. I know: not good in general, and horrible for a "moisturizing" shampoo. The lengths of my hair looked like waxy rope (I have a bob line) and it was unmanagable. It took me (yeah, I know, not very smart) another week to realise it was the shampoo. I quit using it and 2 days later my hair was back to normal again. My boyfriend uses it now on his very short hair. I guess that's not long enough to get waxy and ropy. I will never buy this again.

At Last!

Posted by RebeccaMatheny on Feb 11, 2009

I've been using Burt's Bees Shampoo for a long time. And I thought I'd try something new. First of all - price! This Shampoo is about $9 in the store where I live. On iHerb, it was only $5.24! I love it because it's closer to being all natural than any other Shampoo I've found. It smells fabulous, and it really does moisturize my hair! I don't even use Conditioner every time I shampoo because the moisture is residual. I can't wait to try the Conditioner!

I love it!!

Posted by Reviewer2790040 on Jan 05, 2010

This shampoo is FANTASTIC!! It smells great, and my hair just love the shampoo! I had very dry and damaged hair and skalp, and had not high expectations, because other organic shampoo's did not make it better. This one did! I could both see and feel the difference after just one time. Now I have used it three, four times, and my hair is almost as good as it gets! Buy the conditioner too, they are like magic together.

SMELLS FABULOUS! NO FRIZZ! LOVE the set!

Posted by Reviewer1326303 on Apr 18, 2012

I was a skeptic when I ordered this shampoo but after reading the reviews, I decided to try it out and even went with one reviewer's recommendation of buying the conditioner as well. The SET used together is a MIRACLE on frizzy hair! I have very thick, long Asian hair and it is always frizzed out and dry. After the first couple of uses, I immediately noticed the difference in my hair texture and NO FRIZZ! AND smells fabulous! I am very satisfied and am hooked.

Almost as good as it's 'brother', B-complex, ...maybe even better. ;)

Posted by SonjaT on Jul 01, 2012

Almost as good as it's 'brother', B-complex, at time maybe even better...depends on what your hair needs and how you want for your hair to look and smells. If you want moisture, you've got it here...that's all I'm gonna say. Love this one too.

Wonderful scent

Posted by eathealthy on Jul 02, 2013

This is a great shampoo for a great price! The scent is wonderful but is not overwhelming. I like the all natural ingredient list of this product making it safe for myself and family. Will re-order this shampoo again! If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Didnt do wonders for my hair

Posted by Reviewer1177595 on Jul 30, 2013

I liker the smell of this shampoo (and conditioner), but my hair became coarse, dry and frizzy. Wont be buying again.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer1007084 on Jul 07, 2013

I started off really liking this shampoo (except for the smell!), but after using it for a while, my hair felt dry and dull. It also dried out my scalp. Will not repurchase.

Left my hair greasy and heavy

Posted by Reviewer2054670 on Sep 04, 2012

Smells great, I'll give it that but made my hair greasy and makes my scalp itch. I havent' had luck with other Avalon organics hair products either and this was my last attempt. I'm sticking with Jason hair thickening shampoo from now on.

Revised 07/2012

Posted by Reviewer1435755 on Jul 21, 2012

While this had been one of the best organic options we've used, any reviews prior to Spring 2012 were based on their old formulas, which they supposedly changed to be "more sustainable". Indeed, they will be more sustainable because the new formulas are not effective & require more product to even be manageable. Therefore, we will not be buying this one again. Previous Impression: For a natural shampoo, this one really lathers well. I love the smell & the results. Leaves hair soft & manageable. I may try another Avalon version for variety's sake & to keep it from getting too heavy with the moisturizers.