• Please note this item has been replaced by AVA-35309.

• Customer Ratings

Too strong

Posted by Reviewer1290670 on Jul 29, 2010

Facial gel is just like any other facial cleansing foam. Nothing much to comment about other than the too-strong-smell lavender.

Not for me

Posted by 5331325301086495395 on Oct 11, 2013

The first couple of days I enjoyed using it. It's refreshing, rinses easily, cleanses well and doen't dry the skin. After two days I started breaking out and I discontinued it.

From Greece

Posted by Reviewer2068911 on Sep 15, 2010

it do what it says

Stinging

Posted by fluffaduff on Nov 10, 2010

I got this because it claims it is good for sensitive skin, i have skin that's prone to redness, and i've been using commercial brands for ages(not made from natural ingredients), but this has been the only facial wash ever that has irritated and made my face red and blotchy. I don't think i have an allergy to lavender as i'm using Avalon's lavender body wash and it worked out well for me(soft skin on the body). I'd say i regret buying this because i can't ship it back for a return(from singapore the shipping back is outrageous), and neither can i use it. A disappointment i would say.

Really Wanted it to work!

Posted by Reviewer3168040 on Apr 07, 2011

I love the concept of this wash, it smells great and made my skin feel great for the first few days of use. On the third day I had blotchy, itchy red skin, and was breaking out! There must have been something in the wash that I was allergic to, it does make a nice hand soap though. It really is a shame, I really wanted this to work out.

Intense!

Posted by 5715351915055316514 on Jul 11, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I love Avalon Organics products. I use the peppermint body lotion and shower gel, and the scalp treatment shampoo and conditioner, and they are amazing! I had high hopes for this product. The first time I used it I was impressed on how silky is felt on my hands and face, and how clean my face felt after it was washed. One day after using this cleanser, my face started getting this extreme itchy sensation which became worse overtime. The next morning my face was swollen with puffy eyes. I had an appointment with a Kinesiologist and I showed her the product. She told me that essential oils on the face may cause irritation. She smelt the cleanser and reckons there is too much lavender, which could be the cause of my reaction. After the swelling went down, my face felt like it was really badly sunburnt. It's a shame, I hoped this cleanser would also be an amazing product like the others.

left my face very dry & tight

Posted by organic-down-under on Sep 17, 2012

I didn't like this, ended up using it as a shower gel on my body as I found the lavender smell over-powering, it dried out my skin on my face (I have combination skin). I wont buy again