10% Off Orders Over $40!

Avalon Organics, Moisturizing Cream Shave, Aloe Unscented, 8 oz (227 ml)

Good shave cream, but they changed the formula

Posted by Reviewer2781703 on Jul 17, 2012

I loved this shaving cream until I received the last bottle that I ordered about a month ago because Avalon changed the formula. One this last bottle there is a small purple box with yellow font on the front of the tube that says "New More Sustainable" and there is now Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil in the ingredients (check the ingredients on the Avalon Organics website). We're not supposed to eat hydrogenated oils, so I can't help but wonder about putting it on my skin. The new formula is not as slippery as the old formula, which I really liked. This new formula really feels like a lotion and it doesn't seem to let my razor glide as well, and I've gotten more nicks and cuts while shaving with it. However, my husband likes it better than the old formula and says that the change doesn't affect his shaving. It was 5 stars for me before the change, now it's 4 stars.

More for woman, not for man

Posted by irinkina on Feb 19, 2012

It is famous avalon cream. I read lots of advices to buy it. Hwever my husband doesn't like it because the foam is not big enough for him. So now it is my cream that meets my needs perfectly. Smells good as well.

great for everyday skin care

Posted by Reviewer1287995 on Jun 10, 2011

This is a really superior product. Quantity and quality both above average. I am pleased.

Alalon Organics Moisturizing Cream Shave.

Posted by Reviewer2155663 on Nov 28, 2011

Great product. Best ever shaving cream in my experience. A note to iHerb - Please don't tape the lid closed when shipping. The tape binds strongly to the plastic container and adhesive is very difficult to remove. Many of us are sensitive to adhesives.

Excellent shave but goes on clear

Posted by Reviewer3009263 on Jan 29, 2012

I add a little of my regular over-the-counter gel shaving cream, mix in the palm of my hand, and, presto, it's now white so I can see where I am going.