Avalon Organics, Vitamin C Renewal, Cream, 2 oz (57 g)

Reviews 1-star

Once upon a time I loved this product.

Posted by Reviewer1508061 on Aug 21, 2013

Avalon Organics (or Hain Celestial, who owns them now) have stamped a "NEW More Sustainable" logo on all of the Avalon cosmetic products. They have drastically changed the formulation of the products I used to use, possibly so they are cheaper to manufacture. This Vitamin C Renewal Creme, which I've used for years, now contains sodium benzoate, which when combined with ascorbic acid (vitamin C) can form benzene, a carcinogen. Probably not a good idea to add sodium benzoate to a product with Vitamin C in the name. It also now irritates my skin, so I am on the hunt for a good product again.

Dry and itchy

Posted by Reviewer1848502 on Dec 01, 2012

i am very disappointed with this product. my face feels hot and burst, also very itchy. i had to wash it away 3 min after i applied it.

Smells just like an orange.

Posted by Reviewer2722780 on Aug 28, 2011

A little heavy for face. I prefer a lighter moisturizer for my face. I use it more on my neck, and chest.

did not like it at all

Posted by 5732103786426217174 on Apr 03, 2013

This smells like cheap artificial orange juice and clogs pores. I ordered 3 products of Vitamin C series from Avalon and none of them was satisfying. It caused some acne trouble on my skin and I dumped it after couple of uses. Will not order again.

break out

Posted by 4689877539034280795 on Mar 01, 2013

Great smell, nice consistency, but everytime I use it without fail I break out. I even went to just putting it under my eyes and started getting eyelid pimples.