Too sticky and leaves a very obvious white cast

Posted by 5373044054264599191 on Feb 27, 2014

I really thought I would like this, but unfortunately, it was too sticky for application. Not only that, it left an obvious white cast on my face, despite my attempts to blend it in and applied some tinted BB cream over it. I now use it for my limbs, and hope no one notices the white cast. It does a a pleasantly sweet smell though, like apple juice.

Thick consistency but there's a solution

Posted by Reviewer3348909 on Jan 07, 2015

I know a lot of people here are complaining about the consistency of this product. Yes it is thick, sticky, and hard to spread, but what I do is that I IMMEDIATELY apply it as soon as I put on my moisturizer. That, or I mix them together. And it works out just fine. I like how my face doesn't look oily after putting this, and it actually gives my face a dewy look, which I like.

thick

Posted by 4799778308979663850 on Apr 10, 2014

For me it is quite thick, too much. Difficult to spread. The smell is great, and the ingredients too.

Won't give you a white face

Posted by Reviewer2262010 on Jul 22, 2013

I've just finished my current tube and decided to give this a go. I went for this because of "clear zinc oxide" just hoping it won't give me white face. Those who may know that zinc oxide is a physical sunscreen. Too much will amke you look like a ghost, too little won't have enough SPF. Now this one satisfy both. It smells nice too. I will share this with my son as it is baby safe.

Good for breakout-prone skin

Posted by 5432656528466721469 on Aug 07, 2016

I use this sunscreen exclusively on my face which has been sensitive to others I've tried. For the price, you get a pretty high percentage of zinc and a relatively unintimidating list of ingredients. A tube lasts about a year for me. I do exactly what a previous reviewer has mentioned and apply the sunscreen right after I do my lotion to make it easier to spread. Another thing that might help is to rub the product between your palms for a few seconds before patting onto the skin. I guess zinc has the added benefit of improving acne somewhat, so I've used this product as an overnight spot-treatment on particularly stubborn acne. Most of the time it helps a little with the swelling. I don't have troubles with this leaving a white cast, but then again my skin is more fair-medium. This sunscreen doesn't leave a sticky or oily(which is a big deal for me) residue on my skin and I can wear makeup over it no problem.

Not perfect but still one of the best sunscreens I found

Posted by 5403707196032548034 on Jan 12, 2016

I tried so many Sunscreens over the years, as I m having problems with Hyperpigmentation, I unfortunately need to use Sunscreen everyday and this one is one of the best I found, it s not perfect, as it leaves the skin a little bit white but still the best for me at the moment. I m having dry skin, so during winter I need to use some daily cream first and this one on top, otherwise my skin it too dry, during summer I can use this one alone. The part I m less happy about, is that I already did receive rancid products twice! First time the product was expired!? Sorry but this is no go! And the second time the date wasn t expired but the product was still rancid again! This is really annoying.

Works for me!

Posted by 5118083260293552540 on Sep 20, 2016

Before purchasing this product, I read the reviews that it was difficult to spread on your face. I ordered it anyway because I like that it has one of the highest percentage of zinc out of all the sun protection products I saw. I was surprised that it was quite easy to use and spread on face. I love this product. I use it daily.

Babo Botanicals, 30 SPF Clear Zinc Sunscreen - smelly but ok to use

Posted by 4732013908303969366 on Sep 27, 2016

This product stinks!!! Expiry date is not till June 2017. Lluckily, the smell wears off after half and hour or so... Not sure if the hot weather is a factor, but the cream is sometimes runny, so I have to drain the excess liquid from the tube before I get the creamier part. Many have complained that this cream makes the face look like a layer of white chalk has been smeared over it. The trick is to PAT on the cream, not spread over the face, and you only need a small amount.

Too sticky

Posted by 4628278673672918217 on Sep 24, 2014

Hard to speard over..

hmmmm

Posted by 4637807275727094311 on Nov 04, 2015

i couldn't make it work, soooo white and i couldn't blend it or anything.