Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Beauty Without Cruelty, Facial Cleanser, 3% AHA Complex, 8.5 fl oz (250 ml)

► Too Many Problematic Ingredients, Too Dying and Irritating !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Dec 14, 2013

I personally find this cleanser by BWC is very dying and irritating. With some in-depth research, I am surprised to find out this cleanser actually contains too many problematic ingredients. The main cleansing agent of this cleanser is too drying & irritating for all skin types, and the formula contains several fragrant oils known to be irritating. Our skin deserves only the best ingredients. Taking everything into account, it's not something I would buy again. There are other inexpensive & high quality water-soluble cleansers to consider. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

I like it

Posted by Reviewer3091173 on Apr 02, 2012

Good cleanser. Helps to conceal acne, makes black dots invisible and prevent to come more acne.

Good cleaner not drying

Posted by Reviewer1209129 on Jan 05, 2009

I had a VERY expensive version of this from an esthetician, but found this substitute with the same active ingredient for a MUCH more reasonable cost. Alpha hydroxy is one of the few authentically effective ingredients in skin care. Ask a doctor.

Good Face Cleanser

Posted by bobm128 on Jun 18, 2010

I've used BWC AHC facial cleanser for a few months now and really like it. It's my second favorite behind the Aveda (more than twice the cost) that I used to use. It does a good job of cleansing my face and doesn't seem to dry my skin. I'm 44 with a t-zone, and live in Wisconsin. The scent is herbally with some licorice. I recommend BWC AHC facial cleanser for its performance-cost ratio.

almost a 5 star

Posted by Reviewer2606935 on Apr 29, 2008

I would give this a 5 if they would take out the benzyl alcohol and pheno-ethanol. It does clean well without overdrying.