Beauty Without Cruelty, Hydrating Facial Mask, 2 oz (50 g)

Feels like burning! : (

Posted by Reviewer2447505 From California on Mar 28, 2009

I have very fair, slightly dry skin, but I've never had any reactions like I had with this product. About 2 minutes after applying the product (you're supposed to leave it on for 10-15 minutes), my face started burning. I immediately washed it off, but my face was already bright red and hot to the touch. The redness and burning did dissipate after about 45 minutes and my face did feel softer afterward, but it felt more like I had had a chemical peel than simply a moisturizing mask treatment. Seems like a case of false advertising to me.

Same for me - burned my face

Posted by Reviewer2926125 From California on Apr 11, 2009

I have olive skin and products rarely if ever irritate my skin. When I first put the mask on, it felt slightly tingly. After about 2-3 minutes my face felt like it was burning and when I glanced in the mirror, it was bright red. It took about 2 hours for my face to calm back down - it was bright red and hot like a bad sunburn (which I also don't get!) I love a lot of Beauty without Cruelty products but this one will go in the trash. yikes!

Effective Mask

Posted by Reviewer2959749 From Colorado on Nov 21, 2008

The first think I noticed was the most wonderful spa-like scent of lavender and other essential oils. Next I noticed how soothing it was on the skin. But the greatest thing was how effective it was in making my skin feel so much smoother and moisturized. I'll definitely be buying this again.

great mask!

Posted by Reviewer3020750 From California on Feb 22, 2009

normally moisturizing masks break me out, but this one doesn't. It thoroughly moisturizes my very dry skin, but doesn't leave any film or anything on my skin once I rinse it off. I have seen in other reviews people mention that this stings. This is probably due to the sodium PCA in it (I've used the NapCa PCA mist & had the same reaction), but I've found if you apply it to damp skin it will not burn.

Avoid it

Posted by Reviewer2143274 From Illinois on Jun 02, 2009

This mask left my face red and burned. I do not recommend.