Bluebonnet Nutrition, Chelated Copper, 90 Vcaps

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2795397 From Australia on Sep 09, 2010

I stopped because a single capsule caused me to feel quite strange and detached. It lowered my BP sigificantly but not in a good way. Started to get skipped heart beats. I'm probably not copper deficient.

Very Good Copper

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on Mar 21, 2009

I like this amino acid chelate (bisglycinate) better than copper gluconate. Nice capsules, and very nice glass bottle and cap. I was taking zinc without copper, so I'm trying to balance my zinc/copper to a 10-1 ratio. I will be trying Vitamin Code Men's soon, which has a 10-1 ratio, so I shouldn't need extra zinc and copper in the future. I wish Bluebonnet copper was available in 1 mg or 1.5 mg, because I only take 10-15 mg zinc a day.

If you take DL-phenylalanine you really need to take this important mineral.

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Oct 10, 2012

Sometimes you take DL-phenylalanine and something happens; you get more energized. And a lot of times nothing at all happens. Part of that is because other nutrients such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, folic acid and copper are needed in order to convert phenylalanine into noradrenaline and dopamine. These are essential nutrients that are required as co-factors to enzymes that are involved in the process of conversion. These materials - the copper and the vitamin B6 - are also required to convert phenylalanine into beta phenylethylamine, which is a neuromodulator in your brain that modulates the effects of noradrenaline and dopamine and probably some other neurotransmitters as well.

Copper: a critical mineral

Posted by Reviewer3163095 From New Mexico on Jun 11, 2009

On a comprehensive nutritional analysis, I tested low on copper. I began taking Bluebonnet Chelated Copper about a year and a half ago. I haven't retested (by lab), but I feel better and believe it is making a positive difference. I get it, and most of my supplements from iherb.com because their prices are the best I've found, and their service is excellent. 5 stars, in my opinion.

Works fine.